Notice, the metal connector is slightly broken, will it affect the wireless?

Associate
Hi,
I have received my Wireless card today and notice the metal bracelet connector is slightly broken (please see pic circled in red). The last thing I would want is a slower performance/stability than my current wireless card Intel 1030n if the connector is slight broken/bent

I have not tried as I am still waiting for my tool kit to arrive. Thank you
I am concerned if this will affect the wireless performance and stability?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think you'll struggle to get the antenna on to that connector. Even if you get it on I wouldn't be surprised if it pops off.

I'd be sending it back for replacement.

Thanks for the reply. I will get intouch with the seller and see if they have a replacement. I was more concerned if it would affect my wifi performance and stability

Associate
OP
I think you'll struggle to get the antenna on to that connector. Even if you get it on I wouldn't be surprised if it pops off.

I'd be sending it back for replacement.

Thanks for the reply. I will get intouch with the seller and see if they have a replacement. I was more concerned if it would affect my wifi performance and stability

If the antenna falls off or can't even be connected then that'll definitely affect performance and stability.

Send it back and get an undamaged one. Why take the risk of damaging it further?

Thanks, informed seller and they have issued a refund. I am waiting for this to arrive and fingers cross it will be fine. However, I notice it looks like stain or rust on the circled area. Any chance it will affect the wifi performance or/and stability?

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks the same as the OP to me?

Check the WFM and BOM.

Edit: Wait, is this a broken English fail? I read it as the card has a dodgy antennae mount point, and the seller has issued a refund... And then a post saying there's also rust on the circled part (and it's clearly a different card). Am I to understand that a replacement has been bought which also has damage? If so, my original point stands, just buy a new one and stop worrying. Wireless cards are hardly difficult to come by.

Man of Honour
Check the WFM and BOM.

Edit: Wait, is this a broken English fail? I read it as the card has a dodgy antennae mount point, and the seller has issued a refund... And then a post saying there's also rust on the circled part (and it's clearly a different card). Am I to understand that a replacement has been bought which also has damage? If so, my original point stands, just buy a new one and stop worrying. Wireless cards are hardly difficult to come by.

Yeah the second identical make/model card has some rust mark which the OP has noticed from the picture before it's arrived. I guess we'll all find out soon whether it causes issues.

Associate
OP
That's an entirely different card. How many did you buy? :confused: Not sure if serious or elaborate troll/bot/skulduggery. You have your refund, buy another one (from OcUK).

Looks the same as the OP to me?

Yeah the second identical make/model card has some rust mark which the OP has noticed from the picture before it's arrived. I guess we'll all find out soon whether it causes issues.

That makes more sense, thanks awfully.

Sorry for the confusion, The second picture is the replacement card and only notice the stain/rust area after purchasing upon further close inspection. Not trolling, I would like to know if the area will affect the wifi performance,signal and stability?

If it doesnt affect it then I don't mind keeping it for long term until it goes down with m laptop (10 years old) / until I get a new laptop.

Associate
OP
Any damange isn't going to help with performance and stability. If you already have the card then plug it in and see.

You're right. The picture is from the seller and I am currently waiting for it to arrive. I was looking back at the advert and only seen the stain/rust spot area which I would not want to return and find a 3rd card (worst case)

Associate
Thanks, informed seller and they have issued a refund...
If that's what it sounds like, and you've been allowed to keep the broken card, then you could try gently squeezing the connector back into shape using a pair of pliers or similar tool. If you succeed then you have a working card. If you fail then you've lost nothing.

Back
Top Bottom