• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is now the best time to sell your GPU?

Associate
The prices on that high street gaff are all over the place. I have been rummaging in the parts box though. Could get 90 pence for my old CPU and 2 quid for my old radeon card. Tempted...

Associate
If you're gonna sell, sell asap.

Bitcoin and Eth crashing after China banned crypto from financial institutions, this is start of long turn down and if only large economies follow China it could be messy.

Caporegime
elon yeah.....i was concerned with energy costs so decided to pull out. nice short though made about 650 million. well played lol. the energy is costs. hahaha.

Soldato
Yeah that's where I was also conflicted cos I can make money mining from it. But it was gonna take a while to turn that level of profit.
It’s difficult to know whether the value will drop more than what can be mined in the meantime. Bit of a gamble either way I guess!

Soldato
I sold mine yesterday, thought may as well.

I have a 480 8gb that'll keep me going for a while until things calm down.

I too think that the planned changes to Ethereum will make mining less profitable in the coming months.

Associate
my mate gave in on his 3080 got £1850 for it

lucky he kept the vega
lucky him, i downgraded to a gt 710 for around £50, just to keep the pc ticking with content browsing.

I don't know why but I still feel confident of sniping a good card at close to MSRP :)

Soldato
Hard to resist when you can double your money assuming it was a 3070 fe at £469.00
Yeah they approved payment within the hour so just waiting on it getting to my bank.

I paid £469. Mined on it for 6 weeks and sold.

Honestly think anyone trying to get a gaming pc should just try and get a console instead. The price difference is so vast.

Back
Top Bottom