Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
Just got a cheap G29 and a very cheap seat/frame to stick it on. Figured the only thing to bother with was ACC, which is never played before.
I'm rusty and the cars are too fast for my lack of talent, but what a game. Feels amazing, even just using the older Logitech. The sound is awesome, and looks nice too.
Will stick with it. Right now I need to slow down, get some consistency.

Soldato
Yeah that's the one thing that struck me when I first got into a car on ACC. Just how raw and atmospheric it sounds.

The GT4 pack is well worth a look for slightly slower cars. In fact all of the dlc I would say is worth it and most of them are cheap on key sites.

Soldato
Lexus and Aston are great to start with. The Aston is so easy to drive, predictable handling and stable. I'm using a G29 and it's still a great wheel. Spend time on setting the wheel up correctly and getting the field of view correct for your monitor and viewing distance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shamefully, I actually went back to Assetto Corsa (old). Wantwd to drive some slow cars to get the hang of it again. Feel like I've lost it completely.

Tomorrow gonna get back on ACC. I'm surprised how much better I find the G29 than my old DFGT.
I saw a video recommending the Aston to start off with for ACC, so will try that out. :)

Soldato
Problem i find with going back to regular AC, the GT class just feels so light weight after tracking them in ACC. A combination of the FFB and weighty physics of the engine, and those roaring engine notes make it hard to go back on. Another downer is the world scale for me personally, the hud and interior of car has a lot more meat to it in VR compared to vanilla AC.

Associate
Does anyone use sim dashboard? Struggling to find good skin to use, found many good ones for F12020.
Using this so far, best I can find. Has all I need plus the buttons change in game if you press the screen. TC,ABS etc
Nr2rUvD.jpg
Been testing on my phone and laptop till I'm home where I'll have a tablet on an arm next to my wheel.
Using this so I can clear my hud

Associate
No races at the weekend at Racedepartment currently. We are racing on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Hoping to add a weekend event in the near future.

Associate
51212525838_da9ccdb77c_c.jpg

RaceDepartment racing club is off to Laguna Seca this coming Tuesday for a sprint race with the sun going down...it looks spectacular!

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ca-tuesday-1st-june-2021.203479/#post-3395398

Associate
Had a shot of all the gt4 cars today 10+ laps each. So far only the audi and the ginetta have stayed on the track and the ginetta more consistently. Getting 1.37.1 at brands hatch so far hopefully won't be falling to far behind tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom