What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Love Death + Robots Season 2 - Watched them all last night. Very, very poor compared to season 1. I loved the art style of In The Tall Grass, but that's the only thing. 3/10

Soldato
Agree about the new season of L,D + R.

Loved season 1, especially the 3 robots on tour episode, and the yoghurt one.

This season didn't even seem to be about robots, or anything remotely related! I like the varying art in the different episodes, but I didn't enjoy them in the same way as S1.

Man of Honour
Couple of weeks ago, I noticed “The Killing”, in Danish with subtitles on BBC 4 I think, and downloaded all 20 episodes.
The title had been nagging at me all this time, and by episode 3 or 4 it all began to come clear.
It’s an almost blow for blow replica of “The Killing” set in Seattle, WA and shown a couple of years back, the teenage girl found dead in swampland outside Seattle is this time found in swampland outside Copenhagen.
Her father is a burly guy with his own removal business, and has two young sons, Theis Birk Larsen is also a burly guy, and has a removal business and two young sons in the Danish version, they both have a strong, faithful right hand man who’ll do anything for them.
The male and female detectives in both shows have an antagonistic partnership, in fact I’m only sticking with it as for the life of me I can’t remember who the murderer was, maybe the girl’s teacher, maybe a politician!

Soldato
I enjoyed S2 of L, D & R!! Some stand out episodes:

Pop Squad
Life Hutch
Snow in the Desert

All 'Through the House' was ****** up and could have done with been a bit longer, maybe next door had a 'bad' child and we heard the screams! But yeah, some of those could become their own shows, especially Pop Squad and Snow (he was bad ass!)

One thing i did notice, when watching on Netflix, the screen was dull/washed out, so i got the episodes by another means (
wink.gif
) and they were glorious in colour! Anyone had this before with Netflix?

Soldato
Well the Danish one is the original, with the US one being the scene for scene replica.

Recently rewatched Freaks and Geeks. Wonderful, charming, and very funny depiction of life in American High School. The petri dish for the Apatow crowd. 10/10

Permabanned
I spent last night watching the Lock Stock tv series from 2000, onl one series made before it was cancelled and you can see why, The guy from The Bill and EastEnders in it, I got to 15mins into the 5th episode and had to stop as it was just so bad it was making me want to break something lol.

Soldato
Watched Shadow and Bone the other day. Initially the first episode I found it hard to get into. After watching the second, i was intrigued just enough to carry on watching the rest.

I didn't think 'wow that was amazing' after watching it all but I'd probably watch the second series if they do one, just to see how the story unfolds.

Caporegime
I just finished watching Dollhouse with a friend, not seen it for years. Still think it's a supremely underrated show. The start is a little slow but the acting is fantastic, especially Enver Gjokaj.

Soldato
Watched Shadow and Bone the other day. Initially the first episode I found it hard to get into. After watching the second, i was intrigued just enough to carry on watching the rest.

I didn't think 'wow that was amazing' after watching it all but I'd probably watch the second series if they do one, just to see how the story unfolds.
just finished watching Shadow and Bone and your assessment is on point.

It's definitely not GoT and I found some of the acting/characters a little lightweight, maybe because most of the initial main characters looked barely old enough to drink, nevermind own such establishments. It does grow on you and improves notably.The story telling and pacing is done very well.

Definitely worth a watch, especially for fans of that genre.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently watching:

Godfather of Harlem - Set in 1960's Harlem, America. Bumpy Johnson trying to reclaim Harlem from the Mafia. Malcolm X is also present here. Brilliant show. 8/10

Love, Death & Robots - Like most have said Season 1 was superb. I think Covid messed up Season 2 more than we can imagine as it had half the episodes, and only a handful were decent. 6/10

Mythic Quest - What a fun MMO show on AppleTV+, which has really high quality content overall. Finished Season 1 last night and hugely enjoyed it. The Quarantine/Zoom episode set during lockdown was stellar and something I'll not forget for a long time to come. Both hilarious and touching at the same time highlighting that lockdown wasn't for everyone. 9/10

Soldato
The Pacific. Only have 2 episodes left and I've enjoyed it but it's not even close to being in the same league as Band of Brothers. I don't know if it's cause I got attached to Easy Company or because The Pacific seems to have a bit more pointless filler but it's no BOB.

Still really enjoying it. Would love more of the same but other than Generation Kill I can't think of what would match it.

@Kainz I'll have to check out Godfather or Harlem. Sounds good

Soldato
Wonderful Taskmaster finale, thoroughly enjoyable series with Mike Wozniak at the heart of it.

Went to some screenings for series 12 yesterday, can't wait

Awesome. We're still a few episodes behind. Some of the things Mike Wozniak comes out with has been incredible.

I look forward to social distancing not being needed though. The last 2 series seem to have been a bit flat in the studio, whereas the earlier ones resulted in some great friendships. Particularly Nish Kumar and Mark Watson.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
'Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story'
Finished it.

Really good :) Just a 1 season / 10 episode series.

Kept me entertained all the way through, definitely one I recommend, especially if you like shows based on a true story.

Going to start Godfather of Harlem next... love me some Forest Whitaker ever since I saw Ghost Dog

Edit: Watched the first episode of Godfather of Harlem, decent cast but the writing's a bit... meh. Should have guessed from the title haha. Will persevere, might get better...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom