ROG Swift PG32UQX mini LED DisplayHDR™ 1400 4k

Soldato
I need to stop thinking of upgrading from my PG35VQ to this monitor, Hoping someone does a review comparing this to the PG35VQ as that would really be the closet monitor to it
Not even sure if i could class this as an upgrade or just a side grade or even a down grade with it being a 16:9 ratio monitor :confused:

Am not even sure if i want to go back to a 16:9 monitor after using 34" & 35" UW monitors for 5 years,
I feel it be the same as changing my TV back to an old 4:3 screen :cry:

For anyone who wants UW, LG's oleds can do it. You can set a custom Ultrawide resolution and aspect ratio - so you can play with a ultrawide OLED screen with black bars which adds to immersion IMO

Soldato
I really don’t think I can trust that review. The suggestion that the optimal response time mode is “off” is silly, and no wonder that leads to motion blur. Other early reviews have stated that opposite that the “extreme” mode is even usable. It’s leading a lot of people to assume this is DOA, but I would be amazed if that were true and NVIDIA had let this out of the door. Knowing their stringent testing and thorough involvement in the development

I will have one with me within a week or so and will carry out some detailed response time testing to clarify. But I can’t trust that review right now

Here is another, showing the screen has high latency compared to other gaming monitors.

I believe it's the local dimming - if you switch the dimming completely off the latency should reduce significantly but then what's the point of them monitor without dimming. This same issue exists on Samsung TVs where gaming performance drops significantly if you don't turn off local dimming

Man of Honour
Well I wouldn’t be surprised if having the Mini LED backlight enabled adds to the latency somewhat, that’s one of the trickiest things to get right with VRR and the key reason why it was co developed with NVIDIA and needs their Gsync module. But that’s different to the other review which was implying (very wrongly IMO) that the optimal overdrive mode was “off”

Soldato
Takes balls to run a OLED for desktop use, personally ended up with a q80t instead of spending the extra £400-£500 for a CX because of a lack of balls :D

Soldato
It takes no balls at all if you plump for a sufficient warranty,
Let's be real though if you're paying £1500+ for a TV you shouldn't have to worry about burn in, once you add that cost and still have to keep in mind not to have static images on for too long it's better for some people (me) to go with inferior tech without the worries.

If LG really believed in their products they'd cover burn in under their warranties without making you pay for insurance.

Caporegime
Let's be real though if you're paying £1500+ for a TV you shouldn't have to worry about burn in, once you add that cost and still have to keep in mind not to have static images on for too long it's better for some people (me) to go with inferior tech without the worries.

If LG really believed in their products they'd cover burn in under their warranties without making you pay for insurance.

But since the TVs are now £1k and the "inferior tech" is at least £3k you can afford to go through three TVs before you have spent the same money on the inferior tech. Or just pay £150 for the 5 year burn in warranty.

Your point would be valid if this monitor was coming out for under a grand.

Associate
But since the TVs are now £1k and the "inferior tech" is at least £3k you can afford to go through three TVs before you have spent the same money on the inferior tech. Or just pay £150 for the 5 year burn in warranty.

Your point would be valid if this monitor was coming out for under a grand.
But in reality, 32" 4k OLED monitors cost 404 monitor not found, which doesn't compare so favourably to the "inferior tech".

Soldato
I have been following these as from a business perspective (game dev) these tick all the spec boxes.

Asus has been kind enough to send me one to test which turned up today. Looking forward to having a play with it and seeing how well it works for our needs.

Soldato
Great review by Simon at TFTCentral. But I may cancel my pre-order, I was not expecting the panel to be as slow as tested. It's like 2014 IPS speed. :o
So costs many times more than OLED TV with superior image quality from per pixel lightning, no LCD's viewing angle issues and of course response times...
While not even having proper LCD response times...
And to dot the i for super expensive price has tiny cooling fan as break down timer...
What a miserable state monitor advance is in!

Soldato
So costs many times more than OLED TV with superior image quality from per pixel lightning, no LCD's viewing angle issues and of course response times...
While not even having proper LCD response times...
And to dot the i for super expensive price has tiny cooling fan as break down timer...
What a miserable state monitor advance is in!
Strange how times have changed

Remember many years ago when PC monitors where so far ahead of TV's Like when HD TV's first came out and we already had high resolution PC monitors for many years before that

Associate
These started to sell out in stores in the US so I was like what the heck let me try it out just in case they are a small manufacturing run. I pick it up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom