Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
A lovely looking bike, has a snub, or stubby nose, looks like something you see in Batman or Mad Max. Very cool.

Bikes scare the hell out of me, I bet they are incredible to ride.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
@LiE what happened to the PC with the 3090? Did you move it back in once you’d taken the photo?

I moved it on. Sold the PC to a friends brother and only took a small hit due to the strong value of the 3090. The AW3821DW I managed to get Dell to take back for a full refund. So I got back £3600 from those 2 and the iMac cost £1660 with student discount. Also bought the iPad Pro from MM for £640 BNIB which retails for about £1k.

So as you can see It wasn’t too bad to swap things.

I then bought an Apple Watch and put an order in yesterday for a Concept2 RowErg which was £940.

Soldato
Lots of paint (dulux washable sapphire salute & dulux pure brilliant white. Bedec Aqua Advanced Satin Paint for gloss)

Just need to fix the radiators, doors and a new window in this bedroom... Also might need to repaint some when an RSJ later props the whole house as I get openings underneath

When they extended the house they replaced one bedroom but not the other :confused:

EEkfH60.jpg

9zV1sGj.jpg

Are those wall paints the diamond ones? I heard Dulux's diamond matt paints annoyed people because they had too much of a sheen to them, owing to the washability.

Why didn't you go with a Dulux satinwood for the trim?

Soldato
Great minds :cry: went on shockingly thick the paint, only took two coats. The white on the otherhand took 4! Much nicer than the before photo.. (I could also claim the purchase of lots of sealants and fillers to resolve the various cracks in the walls /ceiling)

0Rsl8Th.jpg

Edit : used a tub worth of this

tGfUCT7.jpg

Yeah, this is why I love dry lining plasterboard over skim coats... plaster cracks are inevitable.

Soldato
I moved it on. Sold the PC to a friends brother and only took a small hit due to the strong value of the 3090. The AW3821DW I managed to get Dell to take back for a full refund. So I got back £3600 from those 2 and the iMac cost £1660 with student discount. Also bought the iPad Pro from MM for £640 BNIB which retails for about £1k.

So as you can see It wasn’t too bad to swap things.

I then bought an Apple Watch and put an order in yesterday for a Concept2 RowErg which was £940.

Why do you keep doing this

Soldato
This looks incredible and terrifying at the same time. I love the idea but then realise my remaining life expectancy would be in minutes.
Cheers, it’s not too bad once you’re on, just hold on for your life :p
Lovely. Congrats.
Thank you. :)
A lovely looking bike, has a snub, or stubby nose, looks like something you see in Batman or Mad Max. Very cool.

Bikes scare the hell out of me, I bet they are incredible to ride.
Thank you, it is fun to ride, the seat is a bit hard but you do get used to it. :)
Lovely!
What year is that, @Captain? It looks more nicely finished on the bits you glance down at than my s1000rr was, with those horrid textured plastic panels that were at the top of the side panels. The chunky frame makes it look very aggressive to my eyes too, good job!
Cheers, it’s a 2019 bike, I’ll dig out some pictures as I think it looks tame from the angle I took, I’ll show you some better pictures. :)
As a Honda owner you can’t mean actually picking it up? Being weak and all that :p
Yeah I literally picked it up and carried it home :D

Caporegime
Many reasons. Mostly I keep trying to rekindle my old passion gaming but it’s just not the same. Outside of gaming I prefer Apple hardware / ecosystem.

As someone who preaches veganism, do you not think it's a bit wasteful? All plastic waste etc, buying a ton of products repeatedly - is harmful to animals in quite a big way. I mean I don't care personally. Or is this your way of equalling it out? :D This is legitimately the way a friend sees it. If he eats no meat, he feels happy about all the crap he buys repeatedly.

Caporegime
Why do they put torx heads on stuff, annoys the **** out of me. I do come from a Harley D hammer and mole grips background though.

You can have a smaller head in torx than hex for the same torque loading.

So "lightness" or clearance is why. Arguably they are better and we should just ditch internal hex for them

Back
Top Bottom