Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

The new M1 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Only getting 15 Mbps when I should be getting 80. Even if I move right next to the router I only get 42 Mbps.
See my post above.

I’ll bet it’s downloading in the background. Mail, messages etc.

Soldato
My Amazon order which was to be delivered today is now showing as not dispatched and we will email you when we have Delivery date… honestly I wouldn’t be too fussed if it was delayed to around WWDC so I was clearer about what was what

Associate
12.9” 256GB in Space Grey

Picked up the Logitech slim folio keyboard which is great. However, the device is surprisingly heavy (not due to the keyboard just in general).

It’s been a few years since I had an iPad so will take some getting used to. Speeds are insane.

For those experiencing slow WiFi it’s probably because the device is downloading all your iCloud stuff/settings etc in the background. Give it 24hrs and I guarantee it’ll be snappy.

I agree about the weight especially compared to the surface pro it’s replacing for me. At least if the keyboard hinge breaks I can easily replace it than need an expensive repair

Soldato
Mine so far has been restoring apps /settings for 3 hours. I had 32gb of data (I can download 60gb of data in under an hour on my pc) used on my old iPad so god only knows wtf it is doing.
I thought these things were meant to be quick?

Soldato
I was watching a video comparing the 11" to the 12.9". As I currently have the 10.5" I am concerned what the 12.9" will do to my face when I start dosing off in bed holding the new one in hand. The 10.5" hurts when it falls on my face so I expect more pain from it's bigger brother.

Soldato
6 hours later and it’s finally all updated!!! Very happy with it so far (aside from the initial wait) but she’s a big old beast compared to my old 11”.

Man of Honour
I'm wanting the larger one and I am struggling to get it ordered on Amazon. I know they're out of stock but as soon as it's in my basket it then tells me there's an issue.

Soldato
Options what to buy :o

A Single 1TB 12.9 for around £1600
or could get both a 128GB 11" & 128GB 12.9" for around £1715

I want a 11" but i want the 1200nits HDR of the 12.9" :(

Associate
Options what to buy :o

A Single 1TB 12.9 for around £1600
or could get both a 128GB 11" & 128GB 12.9" for around £1715

I want a 11" but i want the 1200nits HDR of the 12.9" :(

I spent a long time umm'ing and ah'ing about whether to go for the 1tb or the 256gb. I ended up going 256gb as I realistically don't see myself using that RAM - assuming you can really use the RAM fully in the future, as people are hoping. Will you be editing videos on it or anything else very heavy? If not, then I'd say get the 2 devices. You'll certainly see more use from your £1.whatever thousand.

Soldato
Soldato
Hi,

May I ask, for those of you who have the iPad Pro 12.9-inch, what are your thoughts on the black levels? Do they blend into the bezels? My expectations were possibly wrong but I am a little disappointed with the black levels of my iPad Pro 12.9-inch.

Thank you.

Associate
Those of you with the 12.9” model do you use it at home/office, or also when you’re out? I currently have the 2019 11” which I find a comfortable size for carrying around, but I’m really tempted by the larger screen, but thank its a little to large to comfortably carry in a shoulder bag and to use away from a chair/desk.

Soldato
Hi,

May I ask, for those of you who have the iPad Pro 12.9-inch, what are your thoughts on the black levels? Do they blend into the bezels? My expectations were possibly wrong but I am a little disappointed with the black levels of my iPad Pro 12.9-inch.

Thank you.

Even switched off the bezels are darker than the screen. I played some hdr content on YouTube, things like LG Chess video and it does look good compared to my previous iPad Pro. I am more than happy getting the 12.9 with thus screen.

Soldato
Think I’ve fixed it, just noticed a setting on the phone saying which devices to forward to and from, the iPad was off.

Annoyingly even though it was working this morning, Message on the iPad is not working though it’s fine on my iPhone. I’ve tried switching them on and off again to no avail. Anyone know a solution?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom