• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Fair point.
Nvidia want miners to buy CMP cards, but they've had trouble convincing them. By making it so full hash rate cards can only be bought from them directly they're essentially forcing an entire "industry" into sourcing their key tools from one supplier. Them!

Nvidia might spin the LHR cards as a move to help gamers but there's always two sides to every story and, unless the supply of LHR cards greatly exceeds what Nvidia have been providing to their partners up till now, it won't end up being a good move for gamers in the long run. The main hope for a positive outcome is that LHR will stop vendors selling to miners themselves so all of their stock ends up in the consumer channel rather than just some of it.

Last edited:
Associate
If my order gets cancelled because of Nvidia, I won't be chasing Nvidia cards ever again. I'll switch to AMD and just wait until there's stock.
Ironically AMD have concentrated on consoles and CPUs rather than GPUs.

Unfortunately it's been the choice of the individual AIB to concentrate on the higher margin overclocked cards.

Associate
After being 1st in queue since December for the gigabyte 3080 eagle, just got the shipped email.

hope the rest of you aren’t waiting much longer and that gigabyte drop is a sign of things to come.

I was almost resigned and thought gigabyte had EOL the eagle card. Glad I stayed put in the queue.

Edit:- thanks to staff for keeping us all updated as best you possibly could.

Last edited:
Associate
Ironically AMD have concentrated on consoles and CPUs rather than GPUs.

Unfortunately it's been the choice of the individual AIB to concentrate on the higher margin overclocked cards.
I still hold Nvidia ultimately responsible. The AMD cards seem pretty decent, Nvidia are better but if I lose my order I'm not going to care about a slight difference.

Associate
Going by what @ScottiB & @Gibbo stated earlier with reference to Nvidia & LHR GPU's, it only leads us to one conclusion...complete & utter greed. The AIB's aren't too far behind either! How can you have hundreds of thousands of customers waiting for 7 months since release for their back orders to be satisfied with some who have paid upfront, only for some AIB's having cancelled said GPU's then announcing you can always buy our new models?!?! Great customer loyalty...NOT. (No reflection on @Gibbo & @ScottiB or any other OCUK staff by the way) Rant over!!!

Associate
Given that OCUK have been upgrading existing orders regularly on certain SKUs (something which I think we can all agree is very admirable), surely it's not outside the realm of possibility to "upgrade" existing orders to the "new" LHR models. (Let's be honest here, it's the same card at the end of the day for the majority of us consumers)

Associate
Had my shipping email this afternoon, ordered the Eagle around an hour after launch. There's nothing more exciting than finally being able to order the new cpu and tomorrow will build the beast! Good luck to the rest of you in the queue, its been a long 7 months of checking here every day!

Associate
Had my shipping email this afternoon, ordered the Eagle around an hour after launch. There's nothing more exciting than finally being able to order the new cpu and tomorrow will build the beast! Good luck to the rest of you in the queue, its been a long 7 months of checking here every day!

Yeah damn good reault on the Eagle congrats! Around 20 on the xtreme so... here's hoping the same happens with that card ><

Associate
i tried to make the photos more clear this time

https://imgur.com/PqwnnXz
PqwnnXz

Last edited:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Going by what @ScottiB & @Gibbo stated earlier with reference to Nvidia & LHR GPU's, it only leads us to one conclusion...complete & utter greed. The AIB's aren't too far behind either! How can you have hundreds of thousands of customers waiting for 7 months since release for their back orders to be satisfied with some who have paid upfront, only for some AIB's having cancelled said GPU's then announcing you can always buy our new models?!?! Great customer loyalty...NOT. (No reflection on @Gibbo & @ScottiB or any other OCUK staff by the way) Rant over!!!
In their defence, (MSI's "Trio" incident aside), It's not the AIB's fault that Nvidia is changing the GPU design and telling the AIBs that they'll have to transition to new models because they won't be getting the GPU for the old one.

Back
Top Bottom