A town or city with no kids

Soldato
its not. Our village is almost like that now and its just full of old people and holiday cottages. Village will slowly die.

That is mostly because ******* Londoners buying up quiet village property is forcing younger people out. They can't afford houses there anymore.

Same thing happened with the village my parents live in. One rich family owns about half of the houses there now and they sit empty a lot of the time.

Permabanned
gammons you say? so OP is a POC? lol
Well there is an artificial town somewhere (Christchurch?) made for people with dementia made to look like how they remember from the past.

Funnily enough I did Watch Hot Fuzz again the other night.

Caporegime
its not. Our village is almost like that now and its just full of old people and holiday cottages. Village will slowly die.

I'd still rather that.
90 percent of the issues round here are from kids

Those scooters are everywhere. Dropping litter. Shooting birds in the park with bb guns, a pack of them threatening to nick my bike.
Some kid got his e-bike stolen by a bunch of them while he was on it.

Yeah I'd rather the old people.

Caporegime
sounds like heaven to me. A town without children would be a town I could live in.

In america some cities used to build parks all over the place so there wasn't really anywhere a pedo could live in their city :p

you'd be in the only city without parks :cry:

Not suggesting anyone wanting to live in a city without children is a known pedo but you know :p no smoke without fire :D

twisted joke don't get mad bro

Man of Honour
That is mostly because ******* Londoners buying up quiet village property is forcing younger people out. They can't afford houses there anymore.

Same thing happened with the village my parents live in. One rich family owns about half of the houses there now and they sit empty a lot of the time.

Happened to the village I live in now - used to be a small but vibrant community apparently with a church/school, general store, pub and even hotel though what started the decline was the main employer in the village (abattoir/agricultural services) disappearing for whatever reason. Now it is just a cluster of houses with no amenities/services mostly old people (not really sure why they'd live so far from services) and the other half bought up by rich people who either commute and/or only drop in now and again. As a village it is just dead.

The average house price for the wider area is 600K though for the village itself the last year has pushed it up north of 1 million - though there isn't a complete death of more affordable housing but what you get for 200K (the minimum) isn't inspiring.

Caporegime

Correct. The house two doors down from us was bought by a retired accountant and his partner and he took great joy in telling me they sold they house in the SE and their London Flat and had hundreds of thousands left over after buying their house in the village. Before he even moved in he rang me up and asked how long the hay stack in the field behind his house would be staying as it spoils his views and he had friends coming up to see the new house at the weekend.

Caporegime
Recently the outdoor pack of 10-20 kids on my street have taken to occasionally playing in front of my house, and the noise they make is infuriating. Even more so that a bit further down the development is an open green space they could use.

*Puke-smiley*

Open area of grass?

Will no doubt be covered in dog poo and dog urine then. I wouldn't play there either.

Associate
Kids are awesome - they make life worthwhile! Old people on the other hand... just because I'm tall they think they have a right to pester me in supermarkets to pass things down to them!

Back
Top Bottom