• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Caporegime
So it seems like it’s going to be nvidia doing the gouging this time round. Add on the retailer gouge and we could be looking at £1,000-£1,300 3070ti’s and £1500-£2,000 3080ti’s at RRP. Truly mental and utterly despicable. Millions of people will end up being priced out of PC gaming in the next few years and combined with poor availability it could mean a huge ‘recession’ in PC gaming as people just buy a new Xbox or PS5 instead.

Associate
Any chance of those cheeky vouchers for forum members on these 3080 Tis 0.0

This is a good shout. I ordered a 3080 Xtreme on launch date and cancelled a few months later as there was no dates. Ordered a 6800XT on launch date to have it cancelled that evening.

This would be a good way to get more cards in gamers hands instead of scalpers

Associate
Not willing to go over £900 personally on principle. My 980ti was about £450 when it released. It is completely crazy the gouging going on by retailers and now potentially nvidia as well. In the long run this is just going to hurt the pc gaming community and it is sad greed will have caused this.

Associate
Nvidia and AMD really need to come up with a way of making it so you cant mine on gaming GPU's. To date 962 RTX 3080's have sold on ebay and over 1700 3090's.

Something really needs to be done to stop scalping. Just hope this LHR mode on the 3080ti's is enough to put the miners off and retailers do enough to stop the scalping.

Associate
Nvidia and AMD really need to come up with a way of making it so you cant mine on gaming GPU's. To date 962 RTX 3080's have sold on ebay and over 1700 3090's.

Something really needs to be done to stop scalping. Just hope this LHR mode on the 3080ti's is enough to put the miners off and retailers do enough to stop the scalping.

Until NV/AMD introduce a hardware solution, the software limiters will just be circumvented given a bit of time. Hopefully their bean counters will see the amount they can sell CMP cards for and push for further development.

Scalping defo needs addressing but I don't think the PC hardware space will be the key to action sadly. I tried to buy an RC car for my boy at christmas, OOS everywhere but scalped to high heavens on ebay. Shameful. Luckily managed to bag one on Dec 23rd at retail!

Associate
Until NV/AMD introduce a hardware solution, the software limiters will just be circumvented given a bit of time. Hopefully their bean counters will see the amount they can sell CMP cards for and push for further development.

Isn't that what the LHR cards are? I thought it was a new chip version, with the limiter checks having parts in the chip itself as well as in the BIOS and drivers.
The 3060 chips that were previous supposed to be restricted were just a BIOS & Driver solution.
At least that's how I understood it

Associate
In normal times, if this were priced at under a thousand it would be my first choice of graphics card, performance is pretty much the same as the 3090 in gaming and hits a sweet spot for vram given the processing power (maybe smaller but what can you do, it's 24gb or 12gb due to the architecture). But these are far from normal times. The chances of getting one of these at anywhere near msrp are slim at best, probably for well over a year.

What is the msrp?
Is there an FE?
Will the FE be LHR?
Will LHR really work?
Are all the FE models being discontinued as rumoured?
What's the performance like?

There is still a lot we don't know, but all will be revealed soon, I guess.

It's funny, Nvidia are saying they expect the shortages to not ease until the second half of the year. Well I suppose with new products coming out they aren't going to say anything else, but the way things are going, with no government interaction on scalping or mining, try the second half of the decade when the new fab factories are in full production.

Associate
Isn't that what the LHR cards are? I thought it was a new chip version, with the limiter checks having parts in the chip itself as well as in the BIOS and drivers.
The 3060 chips that were previous supposed to be restricted were just a BIOS & Driver solution.
At least that's how I understood it

Anandtech ran an article which mentioned the vbios change that forced a minimum driver version but tech details are limited other than that. I'd be surprised if there is a "proper" hardware solution in the 3XXX series but hoping to be wrong!

Back
Top Bottom