BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I got a full set from Camskilll, they are showing the 225/40 r19 * in stock just now. Kwikfit get both sizes in regularly sometimes cheaper than the standard version.

I've had a couple of loan M340is they both had PS4S on them.
Ok, I looked on Camskill and couldn't find the 255/35/19 with * mark (only PSS*). 225/40/19 I can see in PS4S* though. My front tyres are 255/35/19, so if they've got a * marked PS4S already then that means that should I choose to go * marked all round I can get the right sizes.

Soldato
Ok, I looked on Camskill and couldn't find the 255/35/19 with * mark (only PSS*). 225/40/19 I can see in PS4S* though. My front tyres are 255/35/19, so if they've got a * marked PS4S already then that means that should I choose to go * marked all round I can get the right sizes.

They are not showing the 255/35 as likely out of stock, I got two 255/35 r19 * from them a few months ago. It was a problem when I was getting them managing to get a full set in the same type as lot of places were out of stock of either standard or approved ones I think it was Ford approved ones Kwikfit/Black Circles had in stock at the time.

Soldato
They are not showing the 255/35 as likely out of stock, I got two 255/35 r19 * from them a few months ago. It was a problem when I was getting them managing to get a full set in the same type as lot of places were out of stock of either standard or approved ones I think it was Ford approved ones Kwikfit/Black Circles had in stock at the time.
Great! My front tyres are relatively new PS4S and I've got a new pair of back tyres sat waiting in the garage until I swap them as they were a good deal, so won't need any for a good year yet, but nice to know I'll have the option if I want when I do change.

Man of Honour
My PX prices for my M140i on WBAC, AT and Evans Halshaw have gone up around £2k in the past few weeks. I guess it's due to the shortage of components for new cars which has driven up demand for second hand samples. Won't really make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things as I'll be after a used M car most likely, and the prices of those will no doubt rise too.

Man of Honour
Prices rising across the board, a £15k m135 1 year ago is now £18-19k, good time to sell bad time to buy...

It's only a good time to sell if you want to downgrade or take up cycling. Because your next car is probably up by more than the growth in value of your current one..

Caporegime
It's only a good time to sell if you want to downgrade or take up cycling. Because your next car is probably up by more than the growth in value of your current one..

Yep same with housing. I remember my mate bragging his 2 bedroom house had gone up from £200k to £300k in 2 years and sold within 1 hour at full asking when it went on the market. He said he made more money than working. Until I asked him where he was moving to and he was staying in the same area but getting a 3 bedroom house so the kids could have separate bedrooms and his new house was costing £375k. I said he had actually lost money then as chances are the 3 bedroom house was only £250k when he bought his 2 bedroom house so would have only cost £50k to swap and now it was costing him £75k to swap.

It is a great time though for anybody who ordered their new car at the beginning of the year and about to get it in the next month and hence bought new when discounts were still good and will now get top price for their old car.

Soldato
Yep same with housing. I remember my mate bragging his 2 bedroom house had gone up from £200k to £300k in 2 years and sold within 1 hour at full asking when it went on the market. He said he made more money than working. Until I asked him where he was moving to and he was staying in the same area but getting a 3 bedroom house so the kids could have separate bedrooms and his new house was costing £375k. I said he had actually lost money then as chances are the 3 bedroom house was only £250k when he bought his 2 bedroom house so would have only cost £50k to swap and now it was costing him £75k to swap.

It is a great time though for anybody who ordered their new car at the beginning of the year and about to get it in the next month and hence bought new when discounts were still good and will now get top price for their old car.

Flip side is that whilst he has a bigger mortgage in terms of £, he also likely has a much bigger % of equity from that 100k upside so his cost of borrowing may be materially lower...so not all negative.

Caporegime
Flip side is that whilst he has a bigger mortgage in terms of £, he also likely has a much bigger % of equity from that 100k upside so his cost of borrowing may be materially lower...so not all negative.

Assuming the house prices keep increasing and he eventually cashes in by selling and then renting or downsizing. Until then he is spending more.

If you never cash in or downsize then you would be better off if they had never gone up in value.

Its like anybody paying a £5k to £10k premium now to buy a used car. Once normal supply of new cars return and second hand cars become plentiful, used car values will fall back to where they were and people will suffer big drops on their cars.

Soldato
Assuming the house prices keep increasing and he eventually cashes in by selling and then renting or downsizing. Until then he is spending more.

If you never cash in or downsize then you would be better off if they had never gone up in value.

Its like anybody paying a £5k to £10k premium now to buy a used car. Once normal supply of new cars return and second hand cars become plentiful, used car values will fall back to where they were and people will suffer big drops on their cars.

I guess it depends how much equity he had before and how high his interest rates were - if he's gone from 10% equity to 30% equity because of that extra 100k of cash being "injected", then he could be paying half the interest rate which might more than offset the net 25k increased purchase price....

Soldato
That's not really true because:
1) The increase in property allows you to borrow more against it for other purchases (e.g. extension, whatever)
2) The increase in property value creates a more favourable LTV when you remortgage, meaning lower interest rates.

Man of Honour
can you get CarPlay enabled by a dealership
No, you can't as if it's not enabled the car won't have the wireless adaptor fitted and BMW won't retrospectively do it (well, they wouldn't for me). It is however extremely easy to order one and fit yourself plus get the car coded for it. Depending on where you get the unlock code from you may have to disable CarPlay it prior to the car going in for a service. My M140i has one on it which doesn't need to be disabled and it was fine after a service (after re-pairing my phone).

Associate
No, you can't as if it's not enabled the car won't have the wireless adaptor fitted and BMW won't retrospectively do it (well, they wouldn't for me). It is however extremely easy to order one and fit yourself plus get the car coded for it. Depending on where you get the unlock code from you may have to disable CarPlay it prior to the car going in for a service. My M140i has one on it which doesn't need to be disabled and it was fine after a service (after re-pairing my phone).
Good to know, thank you. I don't think it'd be a deal breaker but very used to having it on current car

Back
Top Bottom