Worlds most underrated PC games - post here..

Soldato
Really rate Screamer 4x4. It's just about 20 years old now and still unique, a course based jeep time trials game.

Purely PC only release that got buried in the clump of bigger end of year releases.

Soldato
Just remembered about Armed and Dangerous from 2003, had some really quirky characters and interesting weapons.

Do we count Hidden and Dangerous as underrated or we all know those games were awesome? :D

Associate
Still haven't found a wargame I prefer to some of the Close Combat series of games. Just a shame multiplayer was held together by a piece of string.

+1, I am still playing GjS mod on LSA even though I have more modern RTS like steel division 2 plus all Dlc. Just love the pacing and infantry combat, 1943 mod on armoured brigade looks interesting too.

Soldato
Many of the games here are not in any way underrated. Old, and maybe forgotten... But underrated? Nope.

Prey. No One Lives Forever. Battlefield 2142. All from page one. All absolutely massive when they were released.

Associate

Spent so many hours on that. Still the best MMO I have played by a long way.

Up until it went f2p anyway and then it was just endless copy and paste busywork quests and cash shop centric.

Had a lifetime sub and got my moneys worth many times over before it went downhill.

Associate
Many of the games here are not in any way underrated. Old, and maybe forgotten... But underrated? Nope.

Prey. No One Lives Forever. Battlefield 2142. All from page one. All absolutely massive when they were released.
agree, most are just old and fondly remembered instead of underrated.

Would love to say Planetside, as I truly feel the original was well ahead of its time and massively underrated/overlooked, but I know it was still pretty popular (in its peak) and spawned a sequel, so hardly some under the radar gem...

Giants Citizen Kabuto was another that came to mind, and it's good it's been mentioned. but again, it was pretty well advertised at the time, but admittedly the sales weren't as good as the game deserved.

Sacrifice - again, epic. But, I can remember it being advertised and regarded highly at the time.

Interstate 76??? That was amazing too - but it spawned a sequel so wasn't a hidden gem either.

Battlezone from the mid 90s? again, probably pretty well know in its time.

Associate
In alphabetical order, I would say:

Bards Tale Trilogy Remake
Carrier Command Gaia Mission
Duskers
Fear Equation
Frozen Synapse
Genesis Alpha One
Heroes of a Broken Land
Infested Planet
Monstrum
Remnant From the Ashes