MSI And ASUS Releases AGESA 1.2.0.3c Bios for X570/B550 Boards

Soldato
Yeah, my machine is running fine with 5900X so I really don't need to update. But Zen3 is still a relatively immature platform and there are bound to be under the hood improvements and optimisations coming. So I'll probably update the BIOS when these latest ones are out of beta, and then no more.

Soldato
I have a MSI Tomahawk wifi x570 and Ive still got really bad USB issues even with this beta installed.

Some days my wireless/ keyboard mouse will operate fine, other days (or reboots) I cant even sign in for 5-10 minutes (weirdly the mouse seems to work all the time but the keyboard is just unresponsive - will work for one or 2 mins and then stops working again).

And yes this is with brand new duracell's installed too.

I know both are actually working fine as I have an old MS surface tablet I can test them on.

Soldato
I have a MSI Tomahawk wifi x570 and Ive still got really bad USB issues even with this beta installed.

Some days my wireless/ keyboard mouse will operate fine, other days (or reboots) I cant even sign in for 5-10 minutes (weirdly the mouse seems to work all the time but the keyboard is just unresponsive - will work for one or 2 mins and then stops working again).

And yes this is with brand new duracell's installed too.

I know both are actually working fine as I have an old MS surface tablet I can test them on.

On the beta Bios on had no usb issues with my wireless mouse , keyboard, webcam , flash disks .....

No issues with anything. Bad board?

Soldato
Im having similar issues with an USB Icy Dock for my 4k BR drive as well - in the middle of rips (ie 30 mins into a 40ish min rip) the Icy dock will lose connection randomly - sometimes it works, and sometimes it fails.

Tried both the keyboard/ mouse dongle and the Icy Dock in all three different USB ports and its the same thing every time.

If nothing ever worked then sure I would suspect its a bad board, but given how random and intermittent it is I just dont buy its anything but this AMD bug

(and Ive used the drive and the keyboard/mouse in other systems without any issues - the drive for a year / 18 months and 180ish successful 4k rips)

Soldato
Random can equal a bad board with intermittent issues.

I can’t fault my setup, 2 NVME drives, 2 Sata SSD, 2 mechanicals drives. I’m a software developer and my system is in use all day with games at night. So it’s on quite a bit with different loads. Absolutely solid also running a negative 30 curve on all cores.

it’s either a board or driver issue. Have you tried a fresh install?

Soldato
Random can equal a bad board with intermittent issues.

I can’t fault my setup, 2 NVME drives, 2 Sata SSD, 2 mechanicals drives. I’m a software developer and my system is in use all day with games at night. So it’s on quite a bit with different loads. Absolutely solid also running a negative 30 curve on all cores.

it’s either a board or driver issue. Have you tried a fresh install?
This has been bugging me so much I actually bought another Tomahawk Wifi and installed it yesterday.......unfortunately exactly the same issues as before before and after a bios update to latest beta firmware (E7C84AMS 04/12/21)

Ive found one workaround - completely forgot I had an Esata card in an old system, so now connected my BR drive to that to see how I go but the odd time outs on the usb wireless keyboard is still frustrating as hell. Even on this post I was able to type "this has been buggin" without any delay and the it took 2- 3 minutes before I could continue typing the post - keyboard just stopped responding for that length of time.

Very similar to the drive when using USB - the ripping software finds the drive, locates and searches /indexes the disc - it starts ripping the disc and a minute into the rip Windows pops up " software cannot find the drive"

maybe AMD are trying to convince me to invest in bluetooth keyboard/ mouse hahaa (edit they are bt devices , but should have said dongle-less bt as these have never connected directly to Windows BT on any machine Ive seen)

Last edited:
Soldato
msi x470 gaming plus max.

also lost all my settings so had to set it up from scratch since it would not accept my backed up profile. took forever to set the fan profiles etc. daft.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
msi x470 gaming plus max.

also lost all my settings so had to set it up from scratch since it would not accept my backed up profile. took forever to set the fan profiles etc. daft.

That's one of the few complaints I have with my board, though I've gotten pretty quick at banging all of my RAM tweaks back in.

re: PCI-E speed, reading around it seems it's hardly an AMD specific issue - lots of Intel boards having the same problem. There should be an option in the BIOS that has PCI-E speed settings, might be worth putting back to Auto if it's set to something else or vice versa.

Soldato
Most stuff is set to auto. Mind you im not on the latest beta bios but most recent non beta which uses agesa 1.2.0.0

Will update again when 1.2.0.2 is out of beta.

Also whats wha point of bios profile backup to usb if you cant use that profile after you update to new bios? Daft

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Also whats wha point of bios profile backup to usb if you cant use that profile after you update to new bios? Daft

Yeah, it is a bit. I snapped a few photos of the BIOS/UEFI screens so I've got a record of my memory tweaks and other changed settings, that way I can stab them back in quickly after updating.

Soldato
Another thing to add was once i updated my bios i had to reactivate windows!
First time on any system iv done a bios update in that needed windows to be reactivated.
Dunno if its due to the big jump from the old agesa 1.0.0.6 to 1.2.0.0

Associate
Another thing to add was once i updated my bios i had to reactivate windows!
First time on any system iv done a bios update in that needed windows to be reactivated.
Dunno if its due to the big jump from the old agesa 1.0.0.6 to 1.2.0.0

Very odd it must have been enough of a change for the system to think its a different motherboard

Soldato
Most stuff is set to auto. Mind you im not on the latest beta bios but most recent non beta which uses agesa 1.2.0.0

Will update again when 1.2.0.2 is out of beta.

It's for reapplying your settings after clearing the CMOS I think.

Soldato
At last the MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI has got the final production ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.2 BIOS after a couple of previous beta versions. Just installed it and it was painless. I re-entered my carefully tuned fan profiles from previously, and set 3200 XMP, and job done. Is there any improvement ? Hard to know, but I'm pretty sure there will be no need to do further updates. (probably no need to have done this one either, but it just makes me feel better, lol)

I'm simply running my 5900X at stock as I'm totally happy with the performance. The only tweak I'm thinking of is if the Corsair memory could be undervolted below the 1.35v stock value to extend its lifespan, but for now it is as it is.

Back
Top Bottom