*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
The real joke about that is that when a new game is announced they always get asked about third party server rental. The standard response is "we're looking into it" and that's basically the last you ever hear of it. They love to give a non answer before the game launches just to get peoples hopes up.
At least "we're looking into it" is more hopeful than "we currently have no plans" which is what they said about modding support in BF3. I don't think anyone's bothered to speculate since then whether modding or custom maps would return. It's almost become a joke to even contemplate since consoles and DLC became lead platform / the forefront of attention.

Caporegime
At least "we're looking into it" is more hopeful than "we currently have no plans" which is what they said about modding support in BF3. I don't think anyone's bothered to speculate since then whether modding or custom maps would return. It's almost become a joke to even contemplate since consoles and DLC became lead platform / the forefront of attention.

"We're looking into it" via dice basically means haha go **** yourselves. That's their spiel before the games release to get hopes up then they go silent on the subject post release.

Associate

Ahhh I miss custom modded servers.... even way back in the Quake 3 / MOHAA days, they were the only servers I played pretty much. For BF, the cynic in me probably thinks EA have been pulling the strings on that one.

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere else but it appears the "full" BF6 reveal trailer may have been leaked a couple days ago (article HERE)

Caporegime
if its been held back it probably has. if you seen how many big studios are working on this the budget. they aint messing about. you talking billions of pounds. thats why im hoping if people pulled their fingers out its great.

if it turns out to be live bf5 i think i will just cry into my pillow. :p

Soldato
OP
Don't see why that's relevant the game is so throw away it would add nothing

BF thrives on community servers breed that and a good well run server can be a joy with competitive gameplay and friendships made
Its very relivent. because COD is still popular yet doesnt have third party servers.

MY point is third party servers dont make or break BF.

BF was broken because the gameplay and its mechanics went backwards in BF5.

Associate
I'd argue that server rentals do make or break the game in the absence of anticheat, autobalance and general toxic nature of the average BF player these days.

Pretty much the game is full of entitled millenial cry babies who can't accept a good squad will destroy them with no cheats

Now under the old clan servers you used to see 60-70 of the servers as regulars

So you dump out the little whine bags and police the cheats with strong but fair admins

But you did have plenty of servers run by the before mentioned class

Back
Top Bottom