I don't really get Big Bang

Caporegime
Problem is most of you are looking at this in just 4 dimensions, The universe ahs at least 10 dimensions that we know of.

AromaticEmotionalBison-max-1mb.gif

Soldato
Roger Penrose really is the most advanced thinker in all of this and addresses OPs points.
Universes, born from a lack of mass/time, repeated forever. The big bang wasn't a single event, just a single event for 'us':

Caporegime
OP
Why can't it be there ?

To counter your argument though, the 1st law applies to this universe, if the universe didn't exist until the expansion began, then technically there was no 1st law prior to expansion

The First Law of Thermodynamics states that it can’t just be there. It literally says it?

Sure it can be, but then you have to ignore the law of thermodynamics?

which was my point in the OP.

Commissario
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Soldato
Singularaties tend to break physics.

they're also freaking scary.

remember the brian cox explanation of the term "event horizon" being the point where without breaking the speed of light all of your possible future scenarios are "be sucked into a black hole"

even worse is the assurance that spaghettification would likely see you dead long before this point.

but yeah, terrifying to think of an entity of such power that getting too close has literally no possible outcome other than oblivion.

The First Law of Thermodynamics states that it can’t just be there. It literally says it?

the laws of thermodynamics (along with all the other universal laws) are only valid within the confines of our universe as we understand it, the events preceding the big bang are not within our universe so we can't be certain the same laws apply.

Caporegime

Don't even try and grasp it. It's an absolute mindblower and will only lead to true insanity or actual terror if you do.
I've had many a sleepless night when I've had breakthroughs in my understanding of it.

Soldato
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

If only you'd managed to make that post 42 instead of 66.

Soldato

The Laws of thermodynamics only work when you have a fourth dimension. If there was no fourth dimension before the Big band there is no law of thermodynamics until the fourth dimension is created at the point of the big bang. If it is correct that there was no 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th dimension before the big bang you don't have to worry about the law of thermodynamics until the point each dimension is created.

Man of Honour
If there was no time then nothing would have happened at all right?:confused:
It depends whether time is the consequence of causality or the cause of it. We know that the speed of time can speed up or slow down. Assuming that time is just causality (with a cause having an effect) then the speed of time is really just cause and effect occurring at a different pace. If time can slow down then it could stop. No cause and effect is taking place. This may be what the universe was like before the big bang; there was no cause and effect taking place. If everything was in stasis with nothing moving, nothing changing, nothing happening, then there is no energy.

But that doesn't answer the question about why we went from no energy and no causality to enormous amounts of energy and causality (time).

Back
Top Bottom