Show Us Your Motors!

Permabanned
Soldato
Hmm the place that is quoting to do the refurb can't give me any assurances that refurbing the wheels will actually stop the air leaking due to the micro/ fine cracking on the wheels themselves. I was just going to get them refurbed (at half the cost of new wheels) but if it isn't actually going to fix the problem then I am a bit stuck

Soldato
Hmm the place that is quoting to do the refurb can't give me any assurances that refurbing the wheels will actually stop the air leaking due to the micro/ fine cracking on the wheels themselves. I was just going to get them refurbed (at half the cost of new wheels) but if it isn't actually going to fix the problem then I am a bit stuck
Over time most alloys do become in need of proper refurbs due to the way the material eventually develops small flaws. Personally I would just buy a new set of decent alloys as you can get some for around £600-700 plus throw another £50 at a friendly tyre fitter to move your tyres across.

Proper alloy refurbs (where they put it on a milling machine to smooth it) cost about 2/3 of new so new might be the best option. Best quotes I have seen for proper refurbs (not just respraying which you can DIY with K2 or Plastidip for around £70!) are around £150-200 per alloy!!

Caporegime
Over time most alloys do become in need of proper refurbs due to the way the material eventually develops small flaws. Personally I would just buy a new set of decent alloys as you can get some for around £600-700 plus throw another £50 at a friendly tyre fitter to move your tyres across.

Proper alloy refurbs (where they put it on a milling machine to smooth it) cost about 2/3 of new so new might be the best option. Best quotes I have seen for proper refurbs (not just respraying which you can DIY with K2 or Plastidip for around £70!) are around £150-200 per alloy!!

I paid £500 for a set of wheels to be done. Wheels straightened. Stripped, cleaned up and then painted and flat back. Not powder coated which I think is just a silly idea for wheels. As soon as they chip they are done.

They are like a grand second hand with center caps however so was worth the cost.

Back
Top Bottom