BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Finally cleaned my 335i after fitting LCI rear lights. They really do look a lot better, should have done it ages ago.

I had the turbos rebuilt 2 months ago at PMP as well as upgraded wastegates, 6 new Index 12 injectors, a walnut blast, rocker cover gasket replaced and the oil filter housing small leak sorted and it runs lovely now, but the car does seem to smoke quite a lot until it gets warm, and looking on the I Drive its using oil, but the smoke is white and there is nothing once its warm. Think ill have to take it back for them to have a look.

190257909_10159068745849178_9163781038915246639_n.jpg

191725965_10159068745684178_1454693522013880861_n.jpg

Soldato
Finally cleaned my 335i after fitting LCI rear lights. They really do look a lot better, should have done it ages ago.

I had the turbos rebuilt 2 months ago at PMP as well as upgraded wastegates, 6 new Index 12 injectors, a walnut blast, rocker cover gasket replaced and the oil filter housing small leak sorted and it runs lovely now, but the car does seem to smoke quite a lot until it gets warm, and looking on the I Drive its using oil, but the smoke is white and there is nothing once its warm. Think ill have to take it back for them to have a look.

Nice driveway:)

Soldato
My mate just got one of those and it suits that interior in my opinion. Same colour too, snapper rocks blue is it?

Usually I'd say leather all day long but was quite surprised.

Associate
Received my annual renewal for my warranty, and was surprised to see it was exactly the same price as last year; £440 with £100 excess, excluding roadside. Car is Z4 35i with roughly 43,000 miles.

I did however choose the £250 excess instead, as it brought the price down to £339*. Which is fine, as the warranty is for peace of mind over massive bills and the additional £51 (250-100-(440-339)) that I'd pay is inconsequential if I had to claim.

*Can't remember what the price for equivalent cover was last year; It might have been higher which is why I didn't chose it.

Caporegime
Received my annual renewal for my warranty, and was surprised to see it was exactly the same price as last year; £440 with £100 excess, excluding roadside. Car is Z4 35i with roughly 43,000 miles.

I did however choose the £250 excess instead, as it brought the price down to £339*. Which is fine, as the warranty is for peace of mind over massive bills and the additional £51 (250-100-(440-339)) that I'd pay is inconsequential if I had to claim.

*Can't remember what the price for equivalent cover was last year; It might have been higher which is why I didn't chose it.
A no-brainer at that cost really. Even a minor repair could easily be £500+ by the time you take into account labour at a BMW main dealer.

Another question, what’s the process for putting a vehicle back under BMW warranty? I’d imagine an inspection is required at a BMW dealer and anything identified at that time put right before you can get the car warrantied again?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Another question, what’s the process for putting a vehicle back under BMW warranty? I’d imagine an inspection is required at a BMW dealer and anything identified at that time put right before you can get the car warrantied again?

You can buy a policy online. No inspection is needed but if the car isn't currently under warranty the premium is quite a lot higher and there is an initial month or so during which you cannot claim.

Man of Honour
I feared as much. Thanks chaps.

Ugh. I mean it's not so bad for me, but it's not about me it's also about the neighbours, and the worry that the kids will be woken up. I feel I'm overexaggerating it, the car is well over 10 meters away behind a wall as well - it just seems very loud.

I'm getting old - I used to love that and not care.

Sorry for the pointless update. However, turns out he had aftermarket pipes (with some of the silencers removed) which is why it was so loud. Furthermore, after repeatedly speaking to him and speaking to our neighbours (I know 90% of people along our street) about it he's relented and bought a second car for commuting in - the past month has been bliss!

Soldato
Soldato
You can buy a policy online. No inspection is needed but if the car isn't currently under warranty the premium is quite a lot higher and there is an initial month or so during which you cannot claim.
Does the renewal cost for the following year then go down as the car has been warrantied again for a year?

Soldato
So 2 years after selling my 340i, a mate decided to buy a 140i and take me out in it. Naturally as soon as he started it up I missed the 340i :cry: As we move towards this 'electric era', I make no apologies, I want a great engine to take me in to it. I'm still reluctant to pay (to me) crazy money on a car (again) but I've been looking at maybe an E92 335i as a possible alternative. If i was going for this model I'd likely go for one of the hard-top coupes. Anyone had one and have any opinions?

Caporegime
So 2 years after selling my 340i, a mate decided to buy a 140i and take me out in it. Naturally as soon as he started it up I missed the 340i :cry: As we move towards this 'electric era', I make no apologies, I want a great engine to take me in to it. I'm still reluctant to pay (to me) crazy money on a car (again) but I've been looking at maybe an E92 335i as a possible alternative. If i was going for this model I'd likely go for one of the hard-top coupes. Anyone had one and have any opinions?

One of the reasons I have being saying for ages, certain cars with certain engines will only go up in value in the next few years as people want one last fling with a big powerful ICE.

Associate

Had mine for 4 years. Few posts in this thread on it. Its modified, quick and pretty practical. Its not the best handling thing, but its not bad. Got the DCT box which is great 99% of the time. It's not the comfiest thing on 19" wheels. For the power on offer i don't think the costs are anything to moan about. I've recently spent a lot on it, but mostly out of choice rather then complete necessity. Sounds superb as well. Red leather and sapphire black combo, perfection for E92 ;) Took me a while to find it.

116849662_10158359912084178_7608105301494107090_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom