• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon Image Sharpening Comparisons - On Vs Off

Caporegime
OP
Very subtle, really had to squint to see the difference but does a good job of it.
If you expand the example pictures to native resolution, it's actually really obvious how much sharper and clearer RIS can make a soft image.
Yep click the images, view full screen and use the slider. Difference is huge. He's only using 80%, i sometimes use 100% but that is perhaps too sharp for most people.

Permabanned
I owe a lot to RIS, it's a fantastic feature.

Thanks to it, Nvidia also added their own sharpener to their driver, so that we don't have to install their bloaty geforce experience or use reshade.

But from the experiences I've been reading from, RIS seem to be doing a tad bit job better than the Nvidia's sharpener. I wonder if Nvidia will improve their own implementation.

Associate
Looks good, especially in Forza Horizon 4. TAA and post-processing have been the bane of clear and sharp images and now with DLSS, it seems days of sharp, clean native rendering might be gone completely.

Last edited:
Associate
I use RIS on my vega 64 and it makes a huge difference in modern warfare / warzone. Great feature, just wish they would implement a wider choice of filters in the driver software package, a la nvidia gamefilters.

Soldato
Saw this on Reddit and thought it does a great job of showing the difference this simple tweak can make inside Radeon Software. Feel free to share your own comparisons here if you have them.

Fallout 4
Chivalry 2 beta
League of Legends
Forza Horizon 4

Taken from here.
Scanning over the Vult-Tech poster in the first image the sharping filter makes a noticeable difference in as much as it's clearer and less blurry (at least to me) and also the Forza Horizon I can see similar improvements on some of the small details.

Associate
Wow, I didn't realise the difference was this pronounced. In Forza and Chivalry it's especially easy to see, although in Chivalry you can also see where the sharpening has a downside. The background of the Salta Fase text box is noticeably speckled compared to the original.

Is it me, or does RIS change the League of Legends visuals so much that it looks like a different art style? I can't decide if it's better in this example.

Back
Top Bottom