What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Picked up Hades with my Epic voucher last night.

I was very much umming and ahhing about getting it. I generally don't like rougelikes, but I do really like Supergiant's games and style.

Had a few runs before bed and think I am going to enjoy this one. I don't entirely know what's going on, but there is something about the way Supergiant make games that is just so charming and engrossing.

Associate
Finally got started on Horizon Zero Dawn this week but found i get very dizzy when playing it. Have had this once before with another game, i cant remember what it was but turning vsync on sorted it. Nothing i do seems to help this time. Can play a maximum of 20-30 min at a time. Has anyone else had this with this game? Very hard to get into when only playing short stints.

Soldato
Finally got started on Horizon Zero Dawn this week but found i get very dizzy when playing it. Have had this once before with another game, i cant remember what it was but turning vsync on sorted it. Nothing i do seems to help this time. Can play a maximum of 20-30 min at a time. Has anyone else had this with this game? Very hard to get into when only playing short stints.

Try disabling any headbob, increase FOV, or increasing framerates (if yours are low) by reducing resolution or graphical complexity. These things seem to be the worst for creating motion sickness.

Associate
Try disabling any headbob, increase FOV, or increasing framerates (if yours are low) by reducing resolution or graphical complexity. These things seem to be the worst for creating motion sickness.

Thanks for the suggestions, i have a 3070 @ 1080p 144hz so frame rates are high and FOV has been set to the highest since i started. Had another look through my settings and turned motion blur off. That seems to have done the trick, only had 10min to test but i can usually feel it pretty quick but felt fine the whole time :D Hopefully thats it!

Soldato
SOLASTA Crown of the Magister picked it up when in early access and not fully released. Has got small studio fingerprints all over it, but good growth and good first entry. Scratches that isometric itch I got going on.

Caporegime
Fired up Ark to see how bad it will perform on my old GPU but couldn't connect to a server for some reason.

Come to think of it, I didn't realise it was an MP game, to begin with, though it was free on Epic and does seem to get a reasonable amount of positive feedback.

Associate
Just completed Days Gone, really enjoyed it. Still stuff to do and have clocked in 44+ hours which is outstanding.

In my mind it's a combo of:

The Last of Us
State of Decay
Dead Rising
I am Legend
Red Dead Redemption

Game isn't perfect and there are some issues but overall, really glad to have played it. Here's hoping for a sequel!

Last edited:
Associate
Just completed Days Gone, really enjoyed it. Still stuff to do and have clocked in 44+ hours which is outstanding.

In my mind it's a combo of:

The Last of Us
State of Decay
Dead Rising
I am Legend
Red Dead Redemption

Game isn't perfect and there are some issues but overall, really glad to have played it. Here's hoping for a sequel!

Good to know, those are all fine games to a lesser or greater extent (though TLOU and RDR in particular are old faves of mine)

I actually just got Days Gone a few days ago. Planning on it being the 'breaking in' game on my new PC. So after testing and installing GPU, extra fans and some apps etc I should be rocking that game by next weekend.
Just trying to make a decision on either HZD or RDR2 rn. Backlog aside, one of them can be the second game on my new toy.

Soldato
I just discovered Snowrunner. Where have I been?! This is fun, only just opened the first mission, decided to cut across what turned out to be a bog to the watchtower. Now trying 101 ways with the winch to get myself out of the hole. I can see me losing hours in this game.

Associate
Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Been so busy with work so I'm still on the first game but my it's a stunning remaster. Will finish the first game on Monday and then start cracking on with ME2, one of my favourite games ever and to me, the best modern RPG ever made.

I'm unemployed as off Monday (I quit my job) so between job hunting and putting my feet up, I'll have some time to game.

maj

maj

Soldato
I just discovered Snowrunner. Where have I been?! This is fun, only just opened the first mission, decided to cut across what turned out to be a bog to the watchtower. Now trying 101 ways with the winch to get myself out of the hole. I can see me losing hours in this game.

It's really good imo and seems to be under-rated as not that many play it on here. It's one of those games where you think you'll only do one quest but then spend hours on it. It gets progressively harder the more maps you unlock with more obstacles and hazards to deal with. I'm nearing the end of Taymyr, Russia now.

I've seen gameplay of the new maps and they look really challenging.

Associate
Started Biomutant a game I was really looking forward to, but stopped playing as I can’t stand the gibberish VA from the NPC’s, might pick it up again after a few patches have been released.

For a little while now I’ve been struggling to find a game that I can get into, flitting between old favourites like Diablo 3 and Borderlands 3. Looking through my back catalog I decided to give Rise of the Tomb Raider a go, the first one was brilliant. So far I’m really enjoying RoTR a lot, the story and gameplay are just as good as I remember the first.

Soldato
Playing Cyberpunk 2077, some revues are not so good but I think it's a good game and fully patched it runs perfect all maxed out and no errors.

Some of the side quests are really excellent, not just the usual go here , collect this go there kill bloke etc. Also the animations of some of the story characters such as Panam are superb, she looks & walks so realistically.
For some reason the NPC's out in the streets just slouch along :confused:
Driving is pants as cars seem to be driving on an oil slick when trying to steer round corners at speed.

Associate
It's really good imo and seems to be under-rated as not that many play it on here. It's one of those games where you think you'll only do one quest but then spend hours on it. It gets progressively harder the more maps you unlock with more obstacles and hazards to deal with. I'm nearing the end of Taymyr, Russia now.

Absolutely spot on this. Really enjoy this game and love all the new content. Have just purchased the season 2 pass for their planned future releases. Excellent and beautiful game. Find it nice and relaxing too.

Soldato

It is absolutely freaking awesome. I just added the first season pass to get a cart load of DLC for £21. Just finished a mission in Alaska where you have to rescue a truck off a snowy hilltop. Really makes you think. Surprised it hasn’t got it’s own thread, TBH.

Soldato
After beating my head against the brick wall of the toxic duo in Hades for four or five runs in a row. I decided to take a break from trying to chip away at their obnoxious health bars and on a whim bought and installed Death Stranding in the Epic sale.

It's so clearly a Kojima game. So strange, so atmospheric, so compelling. Really glad I took a chance on it.

Back
Top Bottom