Post Your Garden!

Soldato
Here's what half a million sterling gets you where I live...

MU7e56K.jpg

Border is a recent edition. I have tried to edge it off with this which I bought almost a year ago. Unfortunately the "pins" don't actually go through the tabs so the mower has nailed a couple. A lot easier to work with than a bare edge though...

Soldato
Guys, any idea what I should do with this hedge? Over time it's just become more transparent and I assume is dying? What should I try? I was going to pull it all out and stick a fence in, not sure, I just want privacy

ZASYZLZ.jpg

sPjPP8T.jpg
I'd give it a few months before making a decision. A harsh winter and cold start to the year has left a lot of greenery slow to grow this year. What's the other side? Do your neighbours have to maintain it as well?

Don
I'd give it a few months before making a decision. A harsh winter and cold start to the year has left a lot of greenery slow to grow this year. What's the other side? Do your neighbours have to maintain it as well?

Hey, thanks, well actually this wasn't a knee jerk reaction as every year it's got worse, its unfortunately not off the back of this weather alone. I could post a pic of how it looked 4/5 years ago and it was great.
There were some big trees behind it and when they got pulled out (neighbours side), I think its that what has hampered it. I was thinking if there was anything I could replant at the roots or that I have to just pull it up, I need the privacy so can't wait for something new to grow unfortunately.

Associate
Andy, My initial thought would be to feed/fertilize the bush, seems healthier lower down, what looks to be a slight slope, could be worth aerating the soil at the end of you garden under the bushes, finding some slow release feed and putting it down. Check what kind of bush it is and what it likes to eat/drink and find the appropriate

Soldato
Hey, thanks, well actually this wasn't a knee jerk reaction as every year it's got worse, its unfortunately not off the back of this weather alone. I could post a pic of how it looked 4/5 years ago and it was great.
There were some big trees behind it and when they got pulled out (neighbours side), I think its that what has hampered it. I was thinking if there was anything I could replant at the roots or that I have to just pull it up, I need the privacy so can't wait for something new to grow unfortunately.
I cant quite make out what the hedge consists of. Is it privot or are there different types or bushes? Some of it looks like viney type plants, maybe honeysuckle?

If its privot you will need to cut it right back to try to get it to grow closer to the structure. Some of it looks quite scraggly and is showing old wood that isnt/wont grow new shoots.

A lot of stuff wont shoot from old stems/wood and will only sprout at the ends were it is cut or growing.

Caporegime
I'm laying hardcore down ATM for our patio, as part of this there will be fence posts going in for a pergola ....

I'm wondering the best way of preserving the post areas without needing to dig out too much hardcore when it comes to putting the posts in :D

We've marked out the areas, I guess it will be a case of just not whacking too much in those areas?

Soldato
We were busy (mostly GF to be fair) re-potting plants on the patio this weekend. Ignore the parasol, gift from GF's grandparents :(

mAnhyrq.jpg

H5KdMJV.jpg

ZluxfUe.jpg

Still deciding what to do at the bottom end after we removed the old timber shed.

knPr2Sp.jpg

What it looked like when we moved in at the end of last year

UqzLG1C.jpg

Soldato
We were busy (mostly GF to be fair) re-potting plants on the patio this weekend. Ignore the parasol, gift from GF's grandparents :(

mAnhyrq.jpg

H5KdMJV.jpg

ZluxfUe.jpg

Still deciding what to do at the bottom end after we removed the old timber shed.

knPr2Sp.jpg

What it looked like when we moved in at the end of last year

UqzLG1C.jpg
I would put a man cave, right in the same spot as the old shed…….store your tools, garden accessories and a fridge for some cold tinnies. Put a settee in there and a tv…..jobs a good un

Soldato
I would put a man cave, right in the same spot as the old shed…….store your tools, garden accessories and a fridge for some cold tinnies. Put a settee in there and a tv…..jobs a good un

Yeah some sort of game/ garden room is going in there, we're thinking rotated 90 degrees along the back wall. Don't really need much more storage space, we have another shed for all the gardening stuff and garage for tools and bikes.

Maybe something like this https://www.waltons.co.uk/12-8-waltons-contemporary-garden-room-summer-house-with-side-shed if we decide to do it on budget but current thinking is to get it done properly in bricks and mortar to suit the space better. It's 6m wide at the back but only 4.5m wide where the concrete slab starts.

Soldato
Yeah some sort of game/ garden room is going in there, we're thinking rotated 90 degrees along the back wall. Don't really need much more storage space, we have another shed for all the gardening stuff and garage for tools and bikes.

Maybe something like this https://www.waltons.co.uk/12-8-waltons-contemporary-garden-room-summer-house-with-side-shed if we decide to do it on budget but current thinking is to get it done properly in bricks and mortar to suit the space better. It's 6m wide at the back but only 4.5m wide where the concrete slab starts.
Sounds like you got it all planned out…….sweet

Caporegime
Guessing you've never found a solution either then!

They just ruin everything and serve no purpose! We had one of those electric fly swats, and you can take out a fair few in each swipe, but then i swear more just re-appear immediately!
don't midgies gather under trees etc? used to hate them when cycling along the river near me, every tree would have a huge cloud of them at about the same height as my face

Associate
Trying to get my garden to some sort of normality after the extension to the rear from last year the beginning of this, Garden was ruined with the work scopes etc.

Apologies for the large format sizes.

WTb5XQk.jpg
3rJMKKK.jpg
bMHVLCR.jpg

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Trying to get my garden to some sort of normality after the extension to the rear from last year the beginning of this, Garden was ruined with the work scopes etc.

Apologies for the large format sizes.

WTb5XQk.jpg
3rJMKKK.jpg
bMHVLCR.jpg
That looks nice. How much did that extension cost if you don’t mind me asking? Do you have any before the extension pics to get an exact idea of what work was done? :)

Back
Top Bottom