**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Thanks guys

Indeed it was the windows power setting. I had it set to 'Power Saver' hence 1.2GHz. By using 'High Performance' CPU remained at 4.7Ghz.

However is it possible to switch between the two power options? So when playing game power setting goes to 'High Performance' and then back to 'Power Saver' when finished playing game.

Soldato
Have you tried doing it the way I suggested? That way the setting will only be active for MSFS and outside of running that app your defaults will be active instead.

Soldato
No, can't say I've looked into navigraph as I generally just **** about in light aircraft :D

It'd be nice if I could get my Lido charts to display in the sim though because the company pays for that subscription!

Caporegime
No, can't say I've looked into navigraph as I generally just **** about in light aircraft :D

It'd be nice if I could get my Lido charts to display in the sim though because the company pays for that subscription!
Talking of GA, the new Piper Alpha from Just Flight that’s coming soon looks good.

Really enjoying the Diamond DA40 myself. Such a fun little plane with a great panoramic window for admiring the scenery.

Soldato
The diamond aircraft are nice, did a lot of my training in the DA20 (until the fleet got grounded due to constant engine failures!) and then in the twins moved to the DA42 which was a lovely machine.

In this sim my most used currently are the FlyingIron spitfire, the MilViz Corsair, and the free Vertigo. All are lovely planes, if you enjoy light aircraft definitely give the modified VL-3 Vertigo a try as it is an absolute blast and the flight dynamics are pretty pukka... the guy behind it is GotGravel and he's really making a name for himself, so much so that multiple payware developers are seemingly hiring him in as a flight model consultant on their projects. Just keep the torque below around 12-15% (very low throttle) on take off otherwise it's hard to control and you'll overspeed flaps/gear before you know it because it's so insanely overpowered. Vertigo - Turbo Prop Racer » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Last edited:
Soldato
perhaps try in nvidia control panel ---> manage 3d settings ---> program settings -----> Microsoft flight simulator try setting the power management mode to "prefer max perf"

Have you tried doing it the way I suggested? That way the setting will only be active for MSFS and outside of running that app your defaults will be active instead.

Yes I did this method as well. It only maximises GPU performance. Apparently CPU is not affected. So still looking for a way to have automatic adaptive windows power settings for this game. If not I will just manually switch between the two power settings.

With Power Saving setting I am getting 140-145W at the wall.

With High Performance I am getting 200-210W at the wall.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unfortunately I’m not in a position to try this at the mo, but for VR users I’ve seen a very odd bug reported.

Try setting your 2D (not VR) render scale to 200%.

Apparently this is bringing a lot of people both improved visuals and performance in VR, including being verified as working by a moderator and flagged by a community manager to the team for investigation.

Please try it out and let me know if it works!

Soldato
Does everyone else get like 20fps on London (4K/ultra) 200 with a 3080?

I used to get 45 Ish but it just seems so low lately! Other areas fare much better and London still looks really, really bad post blitz?

Soldato
Unfortunately I’m not in a position to try this at the mo, but for VR users I’ve seen a very odd bug reported.

Try setting your 2D (not VR) render scale to 200%.

Apparently this is bringing a lot of people both improved visuals and performance in VR, including being verified as working by a moderator and flagged by a community manager to the team for investigation.

Please try it out and let me know if it works!

I've tested this today. Total ********* as I suspected it would be. Makes absolutely no difference to the clarity that you run in the VR settings (why would it) and makes zero difference to overall performance or smoothness.

And I've been obsessively, and I mean obsessively (to the point where it's quite sad) testing this game in VR and tweaking it to try and get the best out of it since I got my Reverb G2 a few months ago and my 3090.

Associate
Does everyone else get like 20fps on London (4K/ultra) 200 with a 3080?

I used to get 45 Ish but it just seems so low lately! Other areas fare much better and London still looks really, really bad post blitz?

Really want to buy MSFS but think my vega 64 will crumble if you are struggling with a 3080. Granted would be at 1440p for me but still :eek:

Associate
I've tested this today. Total ********* as I suspected it would be. Makes absolutely no difference to the clarity that you run in the VR settings (why would it) and makes zero difference to overall performance or smoothness.
Likewise.

Saw someone's youtube video which suggested it might benefit Quest 2 more, but it was far from convincing. Think it's a case of wanting to see it.

Soldato
Stop making top gun add ons and start fixing London! It even looks dreadful on your load screens which are supposed to showcase it!!!

Getting 15fps which flat flashing landscape that hasn’t even loaded in!!!

Back
Top Bottom