Home awning

Soldato
I bought a 3mx3m triangular Sunsail from Amazon. It covers the seating area in the corner of the decking and is held up by nylon rope that secures to some vine eyes. £20 in total and did a great job the previous weekend.

Associate
We have one on the back of the house we are currently renting, it does come in very useful. On a day like today (28C in North London) I rolled it out at 9am to help keep the house cool as the sun covers the whole back garden by noon and floods the kitchen window and patio doors.

It keeps us covered until about 6pm in the summer, after that it's not much use as the back of the house faces south, but would definitely recommend if it fits your situation. Will be something we definitely consider adding when we buy a place.

It does flop up and down in a bit of wind, I've kept it open during a severe thunder/rain/gale force wind storm and it was fine, but as I don't own it I usually pull it in if the wind picks up too much.

I bought a 3mx3m triangular Sunsail from Amazon. It covers the seating area in the corner of the decking and is held up by nylon rope that secures to some vine eyes. £20 in total and did a great job the previous weekend.

My brother has one of these at his house and it works pretty well, not sure of the SPF though with the tiny holes his has.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Another question has arisen from the wife - are they OK to leave open in rain? She likes to sit listening to the rain with a window open, obviously sitting beneath an awning in the rain would be a sensory treat for her!

Back
Top Bottom