When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Looks like the price list for the Ionic 5 have been published.

£45k for the RWD Ultimate trim 73kwh
£48k for the AWD Ultimate trim 73kwh

V2L £365 - less than I thought
Eco Pack, heat pump and battery heater £1200 - I can't help but :rolleyes: this is basically essential
Tach Pack, font memory seats, relaxation premium seats, blind spot monitor, parking collision avoidance, remote smart parking assist £1500 - take it or leave it
Paint £600/£300/£685 Metallic/Solid/Matt

The lowest trim is only available in 58kw but premium and ultimate are both available in 73kwh and 58kwh.

Soldato
Eco Pack, heat pump and battery heater £1200 - I can't help but :rolleyes: this is basically essential
It’s not essential.
You only need that if you’re looking to make the most of battery range on long trips and charging isn’t available.
The public charging network is improving and charging speeds increasing, so heat pumps are becoming less of a requirement in this country.

Soldato
to the credit of musk it's standard on Y , and, is it kona, too ?
so, giving economy of scale, during production, rather than as an option costing more.
if you pre-heated using charger to get cabin up to temp, it's probably of diminishing benefit, ID3/co2 one working at lower temp - best.

I haven't read categorically that Y one, courtesy of the octovalve doesn't help regulate battery temp too ? double whammy.

ioniq5 - has the novelty of pre-orders of bev's worn off - ID3 delays apart - there is a good selection on the market already

Caporegime
I must say for £42,295 the Ioniq ultimate is well equipped, it comes with leather upholstery, electrically adjustable and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, a sliding centre console, HUD and a Bose premium stereo system.

jpaul - the limited edition Ioniq5 sold out in half a day and the website has crashed for new pre orders due to such high demand????

Associate
Just had the ID3 for 4 days not too keen on the interior design but went well, 220 miles range is easily done without going slow. Picking up a mini electric this afternoon to have a go in. £20 a day from Milton Keynes EV experience center.

Caporegime
Just had the ID3 for 4 days not too keen on the interior design but went well, 220 miles range is easily done without going slow. Picking up a mini electric this afternoon to have a go in. £20 a day from Milton Keynes EV experience center.

Ioniq are going to be doing 3 months try before you buy with their cars.

Soldato

I love the MK EV Centre, we had a few cars from there and they even give you a refund if you buy a BEV within 6-12 months, from anywhere, even used!

Soldato
What's the ID.3 like inside size wise? I currently have a Tiguan and I'm looking at EVs. I know EVs are generally larger inside than a similarly sized ICE car but I'm thinking an ID.3 may be a bit too small. Ideally, I'd go for the ID.4 or Ioniq 5 but I'm loathed to pay the sums they are asking for.

Soldato
What's the ID.3 like inside size wise? I currently have a Tiguan and I'm looking at EVs. I know EVs are generally larger inside than a similarly sized ICE car but I'm thinking an ID.3 may be a bit too small. Ideally, I'd go for the ID.4 or Ioniq 5 but I'm loathed to pay the sums they are asking for.

We have one on order, never say in one but reviews say that due to the battery placement the insides are almost similar to a Passat.

Associate
I dont know about the polestar centre, Apparently the car had just done the NC500, you do have to pay 25p per mile over the allowance.
The ID3 has the about the same room as the 530e we had last year.

Soldato
It’s not essential.
You only need that if you’re looking to make the most of battery range on long trips and charging isn’t available.
The public charging network is improving and charging speeds increasing, so heat pumps are becoming less of a requirement in this country.

The heat pump isn’t just about getting more range out of the battery. The battery heater isn’t included either so the car will ‘cold gate’ at any outdoor temperature when it comes to rapid charging.

It’s unlikely you’ll get the advertised speed on a rapid charger without the battery being preconditioned to the correct temp, for the most part the battery needs a bit of heating for the first rapid charge to get the full speed from it.

(In winter)

It’s not just the winter, as above the battery heater is also optional in the same package so you’ll not get decent rapid charge speeds because the car is not going to be able to effectively precondition the battery.

to the credit of musk it's standard on Y , and, is it kona, too ?
so, giving economy of scale, during production, rather than as an option costing more.
if you pre-heated using charger to get cabin up to temp, it's probably of diminishing benefit, ID3/co2 one working at lower temp - best.

I haven't read categorically that Y one, courtesy of the octovalve doesn't help regulate battery temp too ? double whammy.

ioniq5 - has the novelty of pre-orders of bev's worn off - ID3 delays apart - there is a good selection on the market already

Agreed, it seems the German manufacturers are starting a trend of make it an option because everyone wants it.

The model Y is pretty clever, it can use its heat pump to both heat and cool the battery, motors and cabin. It can heat scavenging off its motors and battery to heat the cabin or battery if needed.

I must say for £42,295 the Ioniq ultimate is well equipped, it comes with leather upholstery, electrically adjustable and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, a sliding centre console, HUD and a Bose premium stereo system.

jpaul - the limited edition Ioniq5 sold out in half a day and the website has crashed for new pre orders due to such high demand????

Yup it does look well equipped, the tech pack doesn’t really offer much for the price.

The only downside is that it’s only a 53kwh battery so in reality your looking at most 200 mile car on a motorway, more likely less especially without the heat pump in winter. It’s a big car with a big frontal area so I can’t see them hitting ionic/model 3 levels of efficiency.

Caporegime
Yup it does look well equipped, the tech pack doesn’t really offer much for the price.

The only downside is that it’s only a 53kwh battery so in reality your looking at most 200 mile car on a motorway, more likely less especially without the heat pump in winter. It’s a big car with a big frontal area so I can’t see them hitting ionic/model 3 levels of efficiency.

£5k more gets you the 73kwh pack and 20" alloys and a 300 mile range.

Soldato
Yup but that’s not £42k it’s £48k hence the ‘downside’ of the £42k model. No doubt it will also charge slower too.

I’d expect most would go for the larger model as they do with the Kona and Nero because of the extra flexibility it brings.

Caporegime
Yup but that’s not £42k it’s £48k hence the ‘downside’ of the £42k model. No doubt it will also charge slower too.

I’d expect most would go for the larger model as they do with the Kona and Nero because of the extra flexibility it brings.

Any yet most people wont ever use that extra range or need it. It will only be because they are worried they might one day. 99% of all people never do a journey of more than 100 miles. 99% of people dont need a 300 mile range.

Hence why i think that their 3 month trial before buying to see if you can live with an EV is a great idea. If you have never had any concerns about running out of range in those 3 months, chances are you never will.

Back
Top Bottom