• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Soldato
Seeing as most AIB's produce both cards, I take it you specifically mean Sapphire and Powercolor?
Well, I actually found the original post, so take it as you will.
This is more like it, although a bit inflated. Nvidia demand is higher globally and we have always been very strong when it comes to AMD relationships in the UK, with the exception of XFX. Whereas it's fair to say that Nvidia make their favourites pretty clear. We have many more parts in stock of 3060/3070 than 6700XT/6800 but we do have more units per part on the AMD side. Also, as we've said before, due to the way that bots react when we put an NVidia card on the website, it's much easier for us to open up those few AMD lines for public sale.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
A friend of mine has just called OCUK and was told they don't have any stock to sell as they weren't allocated any! They're making up some pre-builds which might go live later apparently. So there we go, literally no chance of getting one. Could a staff member verify this for us possibly?
How bad is it that OC weren't allocated any?

I thought they would be one of the first to be allocated stock in the UK.

OCUK are not the Nvidia UK partner.

Not true, sorry for any confusion. Since we know that we can't trust our website to manage the traffic currently we decided to follow the same process that we've followed for the last few graphics card launches. List the cards, don't sell.

We aren't selling the cards currently, at all, we are working on a way to best serve our loyal customer base and we'll hopefully be in a position to do something next week.

The sales guys were all under instruction to say "no we can't sell you a Ti today" but it's our fault that we didn't explain it clearly enough to them why.

Also, before anyone says 'but you've got systems available with Ti in'...correct. I was given a grand total of about 30 units across four models by my closest SI partners. This is a LOT less than the retail allocation received so far.

For anybody who thinks we're wrong for doing this, the information from our ecommerce director is that in the last hour 96% of the traffic on our site was from "bots". Had we actually put the cards on sale, there's almost no chance that genuine customers would have been able to buy.

Associate
Not true, sorry for any confusion. Since we know that we can't trust our website to manage the traffic currently we decided to follow the same process that we've followed for the last few graphics card launches. List the cards, don't sell.

We aren't selling the cards currently, at all, we are working on a way to best serve our loyal customer base and we'll hopefully be in a position to do something next week.

The sales guys were all under instruction to say "no we can't sell you a Ti today" but it's our fault that we didn't explain it clearly enough to them why.

Also, before anyone says 'but you've got systems available with Ti in'...correct. I was given a grand total of about 30 units across four models by my closest SI partners. This is a LOT less than the retail allocation received so far.

Oh well, I can get on with my work then rather than spamming F5 every few mins. :D

Back
Top Bottom