• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Has Overclockers released the cards yet? Been watching & refreshing the products page for hours now and didn't see any Buy button.

Nope not today. It's been confirmed they're listed but not currently up for sale:

Not true, sorry for any confusion. Since we know that we can't trust our website to manage the traffic currently we decided to follow the same process that we've followed for the last few graphics card launches. List the cards, don't sell.

We aren't selling the cards currently, at all, we are working on a way to best serve our loyal customer base and we'll hopefully be in a position to do something next week.

The sales guys were all under instruction to say "no we can't sell you a Ti today" but it's our fault that we didn't explain it clearly enough to them why.

Also, before anyone says 'but you've got systems available with Ti in'...correct. I was given a grand total of about 30 units across four models by my closest SI partners. This is a LOT less than the retail allocation received so far.

For anybody who thinks we're wrong for doing this, the information from our ecommerce director is that in the last hour 96% of the traffic on our site was from "bots". Had we actually put the cards on sale, there's almost no chance that genuine customers would have been able to buy.

Associate
Likewise, been on 1080ti since sept 2017, thinking only chance of me getting a 3080ti now is buying whole new pre built system assuming some cards are reserved for these.

I could justify a new build as still rocking 5820k system back from 2015. So awaiting to see what OCUK are offering in this space.
You could actually buy a pre built system for around the cost of what some 3080's were selling for on eBay.

Associate
LoL nVidida dropped the 3080 FE a short while ago too....

Still at its £650 RRP.

Well played nV.... drop the 80Ti FE at the price of £1049... people buy them up who would probably be happier / just as well served with an 80 FE.... then drop those a couple hours later...

Associate
Today has been my lucky day.

I have been trying for a card since release last year. I had a 3080ti FE in my basket and payment would not go through because my web browser at work was borked with visa pay.

A telegram alert came through for a 3080 FE drop a few minutes ago so I clicked through and managed to snag one! I am ecstatic, now I can finally order all the parts for a new computer. Arguably I got the better value card too.

Soldato
Today has been my lucky day.

I have been trying for a card since release last year. I had a 3080ti FE in my basket and payment would not go through because my web browser at work was borked with visa pay.

A telegram alert came through for a 3080 FE drop a few minutes ago so I clicked through and managed to snag one! I am ecstatic, now I can finally order all the parts for a new computer. Arguably I got the better value card too.

You got the same alert as me! Never clicked so fast in my life LOL!

3090 FE for MSRP incoming on Saturday, woot woot :D

Permabanned
Man I have a 1080ti and I skipped the 2080 and 3080 launches because the 1080ti was doing just fine. But now it is struggling to max out newer games at 3440x1440 so I was really relying on this 3080ti, literally been planning to purchase this upgrade for the last 2 years but low and behold it all went to **** instead. I've not even seen an 'add to cart' button or been able to pre order or join a queue or anything. Genuine gamers are really getting shafted right now.

:cry: Sorry Buddy.

Get an AMD card hope that helps.

Associate

What Telegram group have you been using, if you don't mind sharing? I've been struggling to find a reliable one for the UK.

Permabanned
According to Intel, it could take years until prices turn back to normality

Unfortunately I think they are right. As long as gamers are total idiots and prepared to pay way over the odds for video cards then people are going to take advantage of that. Supply and demand may have driven prices up but once we have clearly shown NVIDIA that we are prepared to pay way over the odds then they are unlikely to ever release an 80 card at such a "low" price ever again.
But then this may well change the market forever too. Sooner or later it's going to dawn on the people who overpaid for a card that they will need to replace it in about a years time. I think the days of automatically upgrading every two years are well and truly over.

Associate
What Telegram group have you been using, if you don't mind sharing? I've been struggling to find a reliable one for the UK.

Yeah not a problem, I have no need myself for it now anyway!

It is called FE PartAlert, they have a discord and a .net website in that name.

Associate
So.. I just had a 3090 in my basket. payment failed, retried, payment done. I get a confirmation screen saying the date it'll be delivered. Click back to my account and there is no confirmation of an order and its still in my basket. I then refresh and it says it has been removed.

Back
Top Bottom