• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Soldato
Mine doesn’t show in order history yet. If I go to my account it says

“You have 1 successful pending order. This will not be shown in order history until fraud checks are complete and it has been processed by our systems during business hours, you will receive updates by email once this occurs, stock will be allocated on a first come first serve basis any processing time does not affect this, thank you for your patience.”

I queried this with live chat support. They have thousands of orders to go through, so will be several hours until they finish processing. Likely the reason only Saturday delivery was available too.

Associate
Not true, sorry for any confusion. Since we know that we can't trust our website to manage the traffic currently we decided to follow the same process that we've followed for the last few graphics card launches. List the cards, don't sell.

We aren't selling the cards currently, at all, we are working on a way to best serve our loyal customer base and we'll hopefully be in a position to do something next week.

The sales guys were all under instruction to say "no we can't sell you a Ti today" but it's our fault that we didn't explain it clearly enough to them why.

Also, before anyone says 'but you've got systems available with Ti in'...correct. I was given a grand total of about 30 units across four models by my closest SI partners. This is a LOT less than the retail allocation received so far.

For anybody who thinks we're wrong for doing this, the information from our ecommerce director is that in the last hour 96% of the traffic on our site was from "bots". Had we actually put the cards on sale, there's almost no chance that genuine customers would have been able to buy.

I appreciate the explanation, thank you. And apologies for name dropping a competitor, completely slipped my mind during the panicked refreshing! Now edited out.

Associate
I queried this with live chat support. They have thousands of orders to go through, so will be several hours until they finish processing. Likely the reason only Saturday delivery was available too.

I tried to contact live chat but they closed it, even though it's supposed to be open until 10pm!

Associate
Check if the money has been taken out your accounts ? i got a 3080 FE in todays drop and money has already been taken but just says You have 1 successful pending order on website . I'm pretty confident it will all go through fine :)

Associate
Something dodgy going on there with scan.

Many here in the same boat it seems. Had it on Laptop, pc and phone and no buy button on any of them. Must have refreshed the page a good 1-200 times or more.
That's the issue though, one person on multiple devices / browsers. Multiply that by thousands for total connections. They'll be severely limiting the number of connections that can reach the "buy button".

Associate
Check if the money has been taken out your accounts ? i got a 3080 FE in todays drop and money has already been taken but just says You have 1 successful pending order on website . I'm pretty confident it will all go through fine :)

Mines the same, money is pending but says the same in my account

Soldato
That's the issue though, one person on multiple devices / browsers. Multiply that by thousands for total connections. They'll be severely limiting the number of connections that can reach the "buy button".

That was simply to check if there was something wrong with my pc. Primarily using the pc since 14:05. Nothing.

Just a little strange you had to be lucky on your page refresh to qualify for a card.

Associate
That was simply to check if there was something wrong with my pc. Primarily using the pc since 14:05. Nothing.

Just a little strange you had to be lucky on your page refresh to qualify for a card.
There have been a few posts on here saying "I've got the site open on my pc & phone" etc. It all adds up to a lot of connections.

The site went down during the 3080 launch so it's probably due to that.

Soldato
There have been a few posts on here saying "I've got the site open on my pc & phone" etc. It all adds up to a lot of connections.

The site went down during the 3080 launch so it's probably due to that.

It was up and running the whole time. Even seconds after it was on the nvidia website. No option to buy on the website for me but others had the option.

Took me about 5 minutes of refreshing thinking am I doing something wrong. Just the specs and price of the card showing.

Quite a few in the same situation. On FB (certain retailers page) there’s a fair few comments of others having the same problem.

Just seems very odd to me. Would have been much better on the nvidia website, might have stood a chance then even with all the bots haha.

Back
Top Bottom