• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
I have skimmed through the last 15-20 pages on here and can see a few were successful, some disappointed.

So now the dust has settled (and I have been outside DIY'ing all day) what was the conclusion from todays successful launch ?
Did anyone manage to bag a 3080ti whether FE or AIB ?
Did we see thousands of 3080ti's for sale because "Nvidia have held 3080 chips back" ? (noticed 3080ti have been completely removed from one e-tailer not OCUK btw)
I see OCUK plan to come up with a solution to serve their customer base the best like recently with forum announcement releases so some good news for people there.

More importantly did anyone get a card they wanted ?

I got a 3080ti

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Hows the ram temps? Under 100 degrees yet?

They're only bad for miners.

My 3090FE sits happily at 65C core and 96C VRAM playing CP2077 at 4K with RTX Insane settings. That’s with an OC on the core and VRAM too.

Unlucky all those that didn’t get your card today, but I’m sure there will be another drop soon.

Soldato
I don't know how highly binned they are, 3080ti FE doesn't seem to like extra power and the AIB versions seem to beat out the FE's in benchmarks
The FEs have very tight power limits, which is why they don't compete with the fancy third party models. You're not really gaining that much though, even in exchange for massive increases in power draw. I still think by far the most sensible way to run them is undervolted to ~950mV. At that voltage you can still achieve a sustained core clock north of 2GHz (unless you get really unlucky with the silicon lottery) with much less noise, heat and power draw than stock.

Permabanned
I had multiple sites open over 2 PCs and the FE page for redirect and not once did I get a buy button appear on multiple cards... I was there before the 2pm start time until 2:30pm and nothing.

I never saw a buy button appear there. Got an email from a USA retailer just checking to see if dollars make it cheaper for them and apparently not the ti is another 800 on top of what isnt a cheap 3080 spec build anyway, there is no point to that

That's what 99% of people who tried said on here. The whole drop was a shambles and Nvidia are looking like clowns. There was also scenes of Nvidia's retailer scalping, until they likely got told off , then reversed with excuses.

Last edited:
Associate
My first post here, long time lurking though. I managed to get a 3080ti FE from the usual spot. 1428 refresh and the cart button was there, around 1700 I got my manual confirmation from them and off I go. Just paid for the rest of the PC from various sources(hence making the account)....now to wait.

Permabanned
My first post here, long time lurking though. I managed to get a 3080ti FE from the usual spot. 1428 refresh and the cart button was there, around 1700 I got my manual confirmation from them and off I go. Just paid for the rest of the PC from various sources(hence making the account)....now to wait.

How do you even refresh 1428 times? Also, 1 post and longtime lurker, something is not right.

Associate
The FEs have very tight power limits, which is why they don't compete with the fancy third party models. You're not really gaining that much though, even in exchange for massive increases in power draw. I still think by far the most sensible way to run them is undervolted to ~950mV. At that voltage you can still achieve a sustained core clock north of 2GHz (unless you get really unlucky with the silicon lottery) with much less noise, heat and power draw than stock.
I never knew about the under volting. I just put a water block on my 3080 TUF OCm when i finish my build i will give it ago :)

Associate
That's what 99% of people who tried said on here. The whole drop was a shambles and Nvidia are looking like clowns. There was also scenes of Nvidia's retailer scalping, until they likely got told off , then reversed with excuses.

Mm exactly what I saw, refreshed nvidia's site many times of course, No "Add to cart" or buy button appeared at all. Even tried other browsers in case there was a glitch. Then the price went from £1049 (linked from NVidia to another UK company who shall remain nameless) and suddenly said £1379 or similar on that UK site, then the price went down to £1049 again (up and down several times in about 5 minutes ;) ). I couldn't see any buy buttons on OC either or anywhere else.
Nvidia's site said coming soon, then the 3080 Ti's vanished from the site completely then came back (repeated a few times) then finally pointed UK users to the unamed UK site, then Nvidia said Out of Stock. No Add to basket buttons in any website seen at all.
Very dodgy, indeed what a shambles for a so called "launch" again from Nvidia.

Soldato
Mm exactly what I saw, refreshed nvidia's site many times of course, No "Add to cart" or buy button appeared at all. Even tried other browsers in case there was a glitch. Then the price went from £1049 (linked from NVidia to another UK company who shall remain nameless) and suddenly said £1379 or similar on that UK site, then the price went down to £1049 again (up and down several times in about 5 minutes ;) ). I couldn't see any buy buttons on OC either or anywhere else.
Nvidia's site said coming soon, then the 3080 Ti's vanished from the site completely then came back (repeated a few times) then finally pointed UK users to the unamed UK site, then Nvidia said Out of Stock. No Add to basket buttons in any website seen at all.
Nvidia are managing to no doubt do the best they can given demand, if I had not been gaming on one of their 3080's for 7 months, I would be WAY less charitable :rolleyes:

Permabanned

You would think that Nvidia respects thier customers, so much that on a launch day of this GPU, they could have just said that all their main retailers could sell the 3080Ti FE cards from 2pm, so that no one website will get stomped and everyone gets their fill.

But No, Nvidia re-directed the whole country to one retailer's website , even a 12 year old knows the outcome of that.... crashed website.

Soldato
I got a 3080ti

Congrats like winning the lottery.

The whole drop was a shambles and Nvidia are looking like clowns. There was also scenes of Nvidia's retailer scalping, until they likely got told off , then reversed with excuses.

and did you expect anything different going on the past 9 months ? :) The incorrect price on Nvidia's website was a little curious.

How do you even refresh 1428 times? Also, 1 post and longtime lurker, something is not right.

I think he meant 1428hrs.

Worst PC product launch ever!

I think the AMD 6xxx series beat it to worst PC product launch ever you couldnt even buy the 6900xt when it was launched.
I think worst 9 months of GPU launches ever is more an apt statement.

Scalpers selling 3080ti on with overclockers sale confirmation....

How can they when OCUK sold none ?
Report URL to OCUK on CS Forum and they will investigate.

Some really bad ones on there guy showing a **** box taped up as though he has the item, wants bank transfer and collection on 7th July ??!! Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom