• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something BIG is coming - June 08

Soldato
No HDMI 2.1 port - try harder AMD.

P.S. I'm fully aware this is a workstation card, yet no fun that it can't double as a top end gaming card :p

Soldato
All I want is one of those teeny ITX format 3060s, should be a basic, cheap GPU. Currently over 1400 magic beans. Are the miners really making a profit even when they're slurping them up at 4x RRP?
in time, but eth 2.0 delayed which doesnt help either, can see another year on miners buying cards sadly, ive gone to console after 20yrs plus im gutted, but bothing could do, its killing the pc gaming market im afraid

Soldato
its killing the pc gaming market im afraid

I'm not even a power gamer, I just want a little bit more than my aging 1060 is delivering... But I can only imagine how hard this is hitting the enthusiast crowd. If I was trying to drive a 4k screen in the latest titles, I too would probably flip to console instead. Not even funny these days :(

Tell you what though; I absolutely will not be buying a 2nd hand card when the crypto crash inevitably happens. I hope nobody does. Miners can eat the cost of their hardware. It's not much, but I cannot abide the idea that some smeg with a gpu farm is burning up MY graphics card's warranty before deigning to pass it on to me for the same price he paid for it.

Soldato
Tell you what though; I absolutely will not be buying a 2nd hand card when the crypto crash inevitably happens. I hope nobody does. Miners can eat the cost of their hardware. It's not much, but I cannot abide the idea that some smeg with a gpu farm is burning up MY graphics card's warranty before deigning to pass it on to me for the same price he paid for it.

I'll be buying new if prices return to sane levels. No way will I buy second-hand due to them being thrashed by miners.

If prices don't drop in the new year, or my 970 dies, I'll probably go console. No way I can suck up £500+ for a new graphics card every couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom