• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Dont do that as we have been upgrading all the Zotac orders to the next card in the lineup and next week I plan to upgrade a good chunk of the remaining Zotac Trinity cards to the OC version which will be around 10-20 that get upgraded which should cover yourself.
Let's hope it's closer to 20 than 10 :D

I was 19th last update so I'm either getting my card or it's gonna be REALLY CLOSE. Either way, I'm excited to retire my 780ti :D

Last edited:
Associate
I'm considering selling my current AMD 3900x - rtx 2080 system for a prebuilt rtx 3080 system as I'm getting tired of waiting for my Asus 3080 tuf card

Even though I'm 16th in the que for it it seems easier to get one in a pre built system especially when I consider the lack of feedback concerning the stock situation with OCUK and the lack of a que position update over the last week.

OcUK Staff
My advice is if your less than 50 in a queue it’s worth holding.

Id also advice you keep searching as well and if you find a suitable card in stock anywhere then buy it and then cancel your order.

Associate
Good Morning everyone!

Hope you are doing well! Haven't seen any update in a while regarding the Gaming OC cards from Gigabyte (currently 13 in queue) also juggling the idea of cancelling but I don't think finding stock anywhere else for the price I paid in actually possible! Fingers crossed for everyone that GPU Santa is working harder then ever!

We shall see what the queue update brings this evening before making up my mind!

Have a lovely weekend!

Soldato
Good Morning everyone!

Hope you are doing well! Haven't seen any update in a while regarding the Gaming OC cards from Gigabyte (currently 13 in queue) also juggling the idea of cancelling but I don't think finding stock anywhere else for the price I paid in actually possible! Fingers crossed for everyone that GPU Santa is working harder then ever!

We shall see what the queue update brings this evening before making up my mind!

Have a lovely weekend!
Get an RX 6900XT ;)

Associate
Let me remind you that it is you the customers choice to keep your back order with OcUK.

OcUK made it very easy for people to cancel their orders online via the form within the first week of launch.

A queue update emailer is sent on a weekly basis giving people queue position updates and the forums are full of detailed information.

OcUK has taken a lot of back orders yes and it has also upgraded 100’s if not 1000+ cards now at considerable losses for those who have chosen to wait.

However it has been my advice for the past three months plus now people should cancel as the timelines are looking poor and the ability to cancel from first week launch has been available and easy to do. So if people still choose to wait that is fine but don’t complain about the wait as unfortunately it will be a long time.

We have never sold 3080 any stock we get that does not have back orders is used to upgrade other back order queues.

We have now shipped several thousand 3080’s since launch. :)

I just want to see how this plays out, I mean it's a nice problem to have, a very 1st world problem, the inability to get what is really a £750 toy, but as I say I just want to see how it pans out, as much as it's frustrating it's also fascinating, like a car crash you can't stop watching.

Associate
Good Morning everyone!

Have a lovely weekend!

Unsure if there will be a queue position update today as it was mentioned in a previous post that the guy is off this week. I am in position 10 for Gigabyte Gaming OC, hopefully 15 will come in soon :)

Associate
Unsure if there will be a queue position update today as it was mentioned in a previous post that the guy is off this week. I am in position 10 for Gigabyte Gaming OC, hopefully 15 will come in soon :)
It doesn't look like anything came in anyway, so there's nothing to report.

I'm in the same cue as you, number 32.

Associate
I just want to see how this plays out, I mean it's a nice problem to have, a very 1st world problem, the inability to get what is really a £750 toy, but as I say I just want to see how it pans out, as much as it's frustrating it's also fascinating, like a car crash you can't stop watching.
It's like a car crash but we're also eyeing if we can get some value from the undamaged parts.

Associate
It doesn't look like anything came in anyway, so there's nothing to report.

I'm in the same cue as you, number 32.

Not everything gets into Gibbo's thread it seems; this user reports having a card shipped on a week where none of that card was mentioned:

My time here is over, it's been a pleasure. My 10900k build is finally going to be complete. :D

Strix OC
[snip]
16/04 - 28
23/04 - 26
07/05 - 04
14/05 - 04
18/05 - SHIPPED!

May you all get your cards as well.

Keep your fingers crossed, you never know.

Associate
When I ordered my card 15 minutes after it was out on sale in September I used overclockers because they claimed they are close partners with nivida and would be one of the first in line for cards. I wonder if anyone else ordered threw overclockers because of these false claims ?

yes, this absolutely was a big factor in me settling on a pre order... none of this would be as big of a deal if OC didn't take the money up front....

I’ve been reading these forums for sometime now in an attempt to keep up with how things are going. I ordered an ASUS TUF 3080 last year and as of two weeks ago, I was around the 1k mark in terms of the pre-order list.

OCUK... please, start assigning members of staff (or consider hiring temporary staff/agency staff on fixed term contracts) to deal with this situation. Create a system enabling people to place their interest in a 3080ti or on the LHR cards once stock levels are known. Or enable customers to downgrade/upgrade to a different card paying the difference, minus a discount for the amount of time spent waiting and not receiving a free upgrade like many others did. Perhaps consider allowing the customer to remain on the list until a time that prices drop and supply increases ... at least give the customer a choice instead of leaving 1000’s to just fester in a vague hope that they may see the product they ordered.

Well, that’s my £2’s worth. Good luck OCUK, you need it!

This.. 100% this ><

Ah well, still hoping for the best and an update today to confirm my spot so far, maybe some intel if there is any on what's happening with lhrs etc. I might be able to get my hands on a mined on 3070 in july so.. my fall back i guess...

Associate
If you are 20 or below in the queue it’s probably worth waiting since you are that close to getting your card. Not really much point in cancelling either as you won’t find a 3080 anywhere else tbh

Back
Top Bottom