Anyone have perfect fit blinds?

Soldato
I have a large bedroom window (175cm x 118cm) and i'd really like to have a perfect fit blackout blind for it. The trouble i'm having is that most of the blinds companies dont do them for windows wider than 140cm and the companies that send a person to your home to measure and install them offer no indication as to the cost.

I'm wondering if anyone here them and can tell me how much they cost?

Thanks

Permabanned
There was thread last week or so ago, try there but none seem to be 100% with some light in some areas.

Go to the site and see how much.

Associate
Rotate them 90 degrees so they open and close on the horizontal. You'll find ones that fit with those dimensions.

Soldato
I posted in the previous thread (+ in the man jobs thread). I went BlocBlinds. Proper 0 light blackout with the exception of two tiny holes left and right (by design I guess).

They do up to a max width of 2.4m. A quick quote on your sizes puts it at about £299.

Soldato
we have timber venetian blinds and then black out curtains over them. It's an excellent combination as the wood blinds let you control light, airflow, etc during the day, while still giving privacy, and a better view than net curtains. The curtains do the blackout job and add noise insulation at night. If you have a sewing machine ordering dense lining or full black-out lining is relatively easy and you can sew it onto the back of other curtains. It's a lot easier than trying to find nice blackout curtains to begin with.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the help fellas.

I posted in the previous thread (+ in the man jobs thread). I went BlocBlinds. Proper 0 light blackout with the exception of two tiny holes left and right (by design I guess).

They do up to a max width of 2.4m. A quick quote on your sizes puts it at about £299.

I just had a look at their blackout blinds and this one came in at £189. Which one were you looking at that costs £299?

Soldato
Thanks for the help fellas.

I just had a look at their blackout blinds and this one came in at £189. Which one were you looking at that costs £299?
Ah dreamy. I didn't realise the regular BlocBlinds did up to 180cm (I had clicked BlocBlinds XL). Maybe there is where the difference came from.

Edit: this is mine for what it's worth:
https://i.imgur.com/cqUUgR0.jpeg

Make sure you get your measurements spot on...

Last edited:
Soldato
I got mine inc fitting for just over £100 , window just a bit smaller than yours

Actually having re read your post I notice yours are wide , mine are tall , approx 1m x1.5m

do you need perfect fit? They are good but theyres better options if they’re essential

Soldato
OP
Actually having re read your post I notice yours are wide , mine are tall , approx 1m x1.5m

do you need perfect fit? They are good but theyres better options if they’re essential

I'm very light sensitive so i'm looking at ways to keep my room as near to absolute darkness as possible.

Soldato
I'm very light sensitive so i'm looking at ways to keep my room as near to absolute darkness as possible.

tbh I have found the perfect fit still let in some light around the edges , my old roller blackout blind and curtains over it were better

Soldato
Getting some fitted to 3 windows on Tuesday, so will update to give my impressions. I'm keeping the venetians already installed, the blocblinds will fit in the recess still so should block most of the light.

Soldato
There may be a little light coming through! Got my verticals from blinds 2 go for 3 windows, very cheap, as long as you give accurate measurements they are spot on, not a diyer but capable of drilling afew holes.
Originally they weren't blackout but got some new slats on ebay 99p each

Screenshot-20220102-183412-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Soldato
I just recently bought and fitted a BlocBlind. I was really impressed, it didn't require any modification, and was easy to fit, I didn't bother with the supplied pin nails because it's more than secure enough with the adhesive tape and the two vertical rails supporting it.

Back
Top Bottom