**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
The Poco F3 has a far better spec, I sent back my Samsung S21 Ultra to keep this phone and I'm still very glad I did, as I mentioned in another post above, nothing I've seen can beat this phone for the £299 I paid :)

With the A52 5G I guess you've got a slightly better camera, headphone jack, storage expansion and long updates. But it is £80ish more expensive also

Associate
Thank you for the tip/link to that app @TheFifeFlyer. Have you noticed any adverts during install? I have debloated (using kona's suggested list from the previous page) and think I have anything ad related turned off, or perhaps you can't disable it entirely.
I didn`t during the install buddy.
And still haven`t tried it out yet unfortunately. I may never use it. It was a freebie linked on hotukdeals so took it :cry:

What I did find worked on this phone was the spoken name caller app. Y`know that says the name of who`s calling/texting. I tried many over the years but they never worked for some reason.

Soldato
Dropped my 3-year old Ulefone Power 3 mobile yesterday and cracked the screen! . . . did a few hours of research for a nice battery phone with good screen for gaming, video watching and flicking through financial charts.
  • £229 - Poco X3 Pro 6GB+256GB
  • £249 - Redmi Note 10 Pro 6GB+128GB (£269)
  • £349 - Poco F3 5G 8GB+256GB
Xiaomi have a "Colourful Flowers" promotion running (31st May-6th June), last night was 6GB X3 Pro for £219 which I missed so now just comparing the three models above, leaning towards X3 Pro as original budget was £200 but you know how it is with a budget when you start comparing "just an extra £50" and before you know it you are convinced that your original £200 budget is weak and the extra spending justification begins! :p

Soldato
Dropped my 3-year old Ulefone Power 3 mobile yesterday and cracked the screen! . . . did a few hours of research for a nice battery phone with good screen for gaming, video watching and flicking through financial charts.
  • £229 - Poco X3 Pro 6GB+256GB
  • £249 - Redmi Note 10 Pro 6GB+128GB (£269)
  • £349 - Poco F3 5G 8GB+256GB
Xiaomi have a "Colourful Flowers" promotion running (31st May-6th June), last night was 6GB X3 Pro for £219 which I missed so now just comparing the three models above, leaning towards X3 Pro as original budget was £200 but you know how it is with a budget when you start comparing "just an extra £50" and before you know it you are convinced that your original £200 budget is weak and the extra spending justification begins! :p

I would check the notebookcheck reviews,as they seem to be the only one who actually tests if the phones have sufficient cooling,and test GPS accuracy:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaom...and-features-at-a-bargain-price.541254.0.html
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaom...nti-5G-users-at-a-bargain-price.532939.0.html
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Poco-F3-review-Power-smartphone-for-little-money.540610.0.html

The first one seems to have overheating problems!

Soldato
Ok, after some reading and watching YouTube reviews I've purchased a replacement for my cracked screen UleFone Power 3.

I went with a Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro 8GB/256GB for £199.49 inc with a handy PROMOFIVE discount code at auction. I didn't get an AMOLED screen but I did get a 7nm Snapdragon 860/Adreno 640 and 256GB of fast UFS 3.1 storage.

That's a nice upgrade for £200 smackers. Thanks for the feedback, good luck in your search! :D

Soldato
Ok, after some reading and watching YouTube reviews I've purchased a replacement for my cracked screen UleFone Power 3.

I went with a Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro 8GB/256GB for £199.49 inc with a handy PROMOFIVE discount code at auction. I didn't get an AMOLED screen but I did get a 7nm Snapdragon 860/Adreno 640 and 256GB of fast UFS 3.1 storage.

That's a nice upgrade for £200 smackers. Thanks for the feedback, good luck in your search! :D

It does overheats:

The Poco X3 Pro heats up noticeably during use and reached up to 40.5 °C (~105 °F) in the test. Without the internal throttling, we would probably measure even higher surface temperatures under load. As the GFXBench battery tests show, the SoC performance remains practically constant in the graphically simple T-Rex scenario, but it drops right from the start in the more demanding Manhattan test.

Associate
What's your guys experience with MIUI? Seen lots of negative things about it online

It depends who's miui, not all implementations are the same, its fine, has ads, spend some time disabling it and they are not a problem, biggest issue I have with it is speed of updates or lack of, my mi 9 is pretty much forgotten, much the same as my Poco so I wouldn't pay strong money for a Chinese device, consider them disposable, 2 yrs and done.

I prefer the Poco over the Mi due to app drawer, I know you can add these things after the fact but I don't tend to disck about with that stuff myself and use them as it comes.

Back
Top Bottom