Total War: Warhammer 3

Soldato
Is it worth playing 1 or 2 or could I just jump into WH3 and not be over whelmed?

WH2 improved upon the gameplay of WH1, with further improvements coming over the almost 4 years since the second game released. It also integrated almost all of WH1's content. As a result, there are few reasons to play WH1 now; WH2 is simply better.

The same will likely ring true with WH3. But it still makes sense to buy the first two games as they will unlock a lot of content in WH3. If you only have WH3 then you'll only get to pick from Kislev, Cathay, Korne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeench. Owning WH1 will unlock Empire, Dwarfs, Greenskins and Vampire Counts, while WH2 will unlock High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Skaven.

Associate
Is it worth playing 1 or 2 or could I just jump into WH3 and not be over whelmed?

As others have said, I'd recommend getting both WHI and WHII for the content alone. There's also a sale on Steam at the moment and WHII has 66% off (under £14). The additional DLC packs are also half-price.

Associate
As others have said, I'd recommend getting both WHI and WHII for the content alone. There's also a sale on Steam at the moment and WHII has 66% off (under £14). The additional DLC packs are also half-price.

You've had great advice and I agree with it 100%.

The games are very good imo, but you will get more from the 3rd game by playing 1 and 2 first (even a little bit).

Soldato
Delayed to 2022. Not a huge shock given the lack of news recently (no/minimal info on Cathay, Monogods factions, the campaign map, pre-order bonus, etc). But disappointing nonetheless.

Grand Cathay to be revealed tomorrow.

Soldato
Delayed to 2022. Not a huge shock given the lack of news recently (no/minimal info on Cathay, Monogods factions, the campaign map, pre-order bonus, etc). But disappointing nonetheless.

Grand Cathay to be revealed tomorrow.

Shame. Still at least I'll have my new laptop by then so its not all bad news.

Soldato
The blog post pretty much confirms that they're doing proper sieges for the new game. And minor settlements. Finally.

Hopefully this is the start of regular content drops leading up to a Jan/Feb launch. And maybe Dawi-Zharr as a pre-order bonus this side of Christmas :p

Soldato
I'm OK with the delay since I still got a few factions that I haven't touched in warhammer 2 and that trailer looks fantastic.

Permabanned
Such a nice trailer that is does not even have one glimpse of actual gameplay?

Bet it will run crap on a £2k PC as well? £50 for the game, if you are lucky, hope they don't throw in microtransaction.

All that said, I welcome the game.

Permabanned
£32 on cdkeys.

Is it released? Surely they couldn't be selling a game that has no gameplay in the trailer already for £32 and I'm sure it's not even released.

This is coming from a Warhammer fan boy. My advice to gamers is never buy a pre-order! This kills the Quality Assurance of games....Cough, Cyberpunk2077.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it released? Surely they couldn't be selling a game that has no gameplay in the trailer already for £32 and I'm sure it's not even released.

This is coming from a Warhammer fan boy. My advice to gamers is never buy a pre-order! This kills the Quality Assurance of games....Cough, Cyberpunk2077.

why do you keep banging on about this? They’ve already shown us in game footage directly from the game, why does the trailer need to have actual ingame footage?

Besides this is the third Warhammer: Total War game - the engine is not changing and it will still be compatible with the previous 2. What would they possibly need to show in the trailer to justify a purchase from those who have already played the games?

Permabanned
why do you keep banging on about this? They’ve already shown us in game footage directly from the game, why does the trailer need to have actual ingame footage?

Besides this is the third Warhammer: Total War game - the engine is not changing and it will still be compatible with the previous 2. What would they possibly need to show in the trailer to justify a purchase from those who have already played the games?

I see, so it is the same 10+ year old engine? I am doubtful of this game and tbh will not pay £50 or £32 until it gets released and fully reviewed.

Back
Top Bottom