• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I got the Founders Edition (the first one where the buy button appeared) and I have an i9-10850K that I got back in September, and finally I get to use properly the monitor I got back then (ROG Swift PG43UQ)
Nice mate, I got a Gigabyte RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800X. For my monitor I have an ROG STRIX XG27UQ. Your 3080 Ti is going to look good in 4K on that monitor, that monitor u have is insane! Enjoy it Mate:)

Associate
Anyone know if their is any hope of getting the 3080 strix this year? i was 400 in the que 2 weeks ago lmao!

No one knows for sure, but my guess is there going to be less ASUS non OC GPU made going forward.

More profit in making/selling OC Cards. All there have to do is a tiny manufacturer overclock.

Also with the new models released. Is there enough Silicon and Memory to go around.

Hope I'm wrong

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
What an ourtrageous response!
I think "We have now shipped several thousand 3080’s since launch" is a bit misleading as well,........as nobody knows how to do anybody else's job.
I'm suprised no one's asking to speak to any managers at this rate.
Im sure some of the Karens tried to, you should look at their reviews on facebook, bunch of complaints
Guys, whilst I understand your frustrations I won't allow this thread to devolve into the river of vitriol that it was a few months back, especially, if it involves personal attacks against staff again. So please, I want to nip this in the bud now....take this as the only warning, if it does I'll be asking admins to hand out permanent bans.

As for speaking to a manager. Gibbo and I are both part of the senior management structure and we are in constant contact with the Managing Director..and you talk to us pretty much daily...which makes the accusations of lack of communication laughable. No other company offers this level of open communication.

Trust me when I say, you aren't going to get any better responses from anybody else in the company. We're as close to the pulse as it's possible to get.

Last edited:
Associate
I’m curious, What monitors is everyone rocking atm? Anyone gonna upgrade their monitor when they get their 3080? I’m currently playing at 4K it’s great!

A Samsung Odyssey G9, which I got on sale from OC in November. It's currently driven by a GTX1060, which is performing better than I thought with the big screen.

I swore from launch up until the day I purchased it (last week) I would never buy a 3090 because it was so much money, but my PC build has been on hold for 9 months or so because I wanted to build my system all in one go. So when I saw the 3090 FE drop last week I broke and picked one up. Still not good value in absolute terms, but compared to the rest of the market it's a steal.

Similar for me. I did a big upgrade to a ten year old machine, placing orders for components in November after a fairly late change of mind to opt for Ryzen 5900, which I ordered on launch day. I was waiting with parts in their boxes at home for a 2TB NVME which didn't arrive until Feb so that's when I put the new system together, minus a 3080 Strix OC that I ordered on 20/10 (started at 1223, last known position 441).

Having only found this forum fairly recently and seeing what you guys are saying, and starting to get a bit bored of the wait, and seeing the crazy prices on the well known auction site, my overton window's shifted to the point where a £1600 6900XT starts looking like good value :cry:. I'd certainly pay the difference and switch to a 3080ti in an instant. Or I wonder about joining the scramble for a 3070ti FE, on the basis that my screen isn't quite 4k so doesn't need quite the muscle. This may be a short sighted move.

I've ended up with Strix components by accident rather than design especially given that I thought RGB was for teenage boys. But as a 40-something man, I quite like it now so I'd like to stick with a Strix card but their hen's teeth nature does limit the options hence considering Radeon and other AIBs. Anyway, we'll see what next Friday's stock update shows...

Associate
A Samsung Odyssey G9, which I got on sale from OC in November. It's currently driven by a GTX1060, which is performing better than I thought with the big screen.

Similar for me. I did a big upgrade to a ten year old machine, placing orders for components in November after a fairly late change of mind to opt for Ryzen 5900, which I ordered on launch day. I was waiting with parts in their boxes at home for a 2TB NVME which didn't arrive until Feb so that's when I put the new system together, minus a 3080 Strix OC that I ordered on 20/10 (started at 1223, last known position 441).

Having only found this forum fairly recently and seeing what you guys are saying, and starting to get a bit bored of the wait, and seeing the crazy prices on the well known auction site, my overton window's shifted to the point where a £1600 6900XT starts looking like good value :cry:. I'd certainly pay the difference and switch to a 3080ti in an instant. Or I wonder about joining the scramble for a 3070ti FE, on the basis that my screen isn't quite 4k so doesn't need quite the muscle. This may be a short sighted move.

I've ended up with Strix components by accident rather than design especially given that I thought RGB was for teenage boys. But as a 40-something man, I quite like it now so I'd like to stick with a Strix card but their hen's teeth nature does limit the options hence considering Radeon and other AIBs. Anyway, we'll see what next Friday's stock update shows...

is that the monitor with 1440p 240hz? If so that’s really nice for a 3080, although I would go with Alienwares version it just looks nice plus it has G-SYNC ultimate, if I’m being honest I’m not a huge fan for Samsung and their monitors. They don’t look that nice IMO, not well built.

Associate
is that the monitor with 1440p 240hz? If so that’s really nice for a 3080, although I would go with Alienwares version it just looks nice plus it has G-SYNC ultimate, if I’m being honest I’m not a huge fan for Samsung and their monitors. They don’t look that nice IMO, not well built.

That's the one. I think it looks pretty good personally and so far been impressed with it. The size is great for work too, especially massive spreadsheets, and I like to wind folk up by sharing in the full ultrawide in Teams.;)

Associate
I've been lurking here the past 8 months, decided to give up my place in my queue for Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC and brought a pre-built with the same card in because I simply can't deal with the waiting any longer lol. Went from Position 394 on 6th November to Position 72 as of 2 weeks ago. Hope everything picks up again soon, you're all stronger men than me!

Associate
Have you never taken more than one week off?!?

no it's not Gibbo.
Oh no I’m not saying it’s bad to have time off I’m just checking I haven’t fallen off of my waitlist! No problem at all if whoever sends them out is off, just checking I wasn’t supposed to have received an update when I didn’t.
Holiday and work life balance is important, friends :)

Back
Top Bottom