Which Provider?

Associate
Our existing contracts with BT Mobile have expired and I am looking for recommendations for the best current mobile provider please.

Additionally, my wife would like to upgrade her existing Apple handset to a 12 Mini and I'd like to upgrade my Galaxy S9 to a Galaxy S20 or 21 - any issues with those choices?

Many Thanks.

Soldato
Depending how serious you are, get hold of a free PAYG SIM from a couple of providers and check the speeds/coverage in areas you'll be needing.

For me, EE is the best, but that can be very different for someone else...

Associate
OP
Depending how serious you are, get hold of a free PAYG SIM from a couple of providers and check the speeds/coverage in areas you'll be needing.

For me, EE is the best, but that can be very different for someone else...

I was thinking in terms of customer service experience, not just coverage.

Any view on the handsets? Ordinarily I'd just get whichever Galaxy S was the latest, but I did see some comments online about the S20 performing better than the S21 and that has given pause.

Thanks for your time.

Soldato
I was thinking in terms of customer service experience, not just coverage.

Any view on the handsets? Ordinarily I'd just get whichever Galaxy S was the latest, but I did see some comments online about the S20 performing better than the S21 and that has given pause.

Thanks for your time.

Customer service? What do you do, ring them everyday for a chit chat? I think I have rang Orange/EE about 4 times in 10 years

Soldato
I think every provider has the potential to be absolutely appalling when you speak to them and there isn’t a single one renowned for offering a great customer experience.

Therefore, buy on price and coverage. There’s a decent contract offer on an iPhone 12 Mini linked on hotukdeals at the moment.

Associate
For me, EE has the best coverage in my area. we don't have 5g yet but it's on its way, planning permission has been asked to upgrade existing antennas to 5g. As for customer service, I have a really good relationship with them. no, they are not perfect but they have sorted every problem I have had. but it's diff for everyone I guess.

Back
Top Bottom