Poll: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2021, Baku - Race 6/23

Rate the 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
No way. Too many SC laps.

If they were critical on fuel they were screwed all race.
Wouldn't be the first time that teams were banking on safety cars to keep fuel usage low and got it wrong.

Plus he spent however many laps defending from Hamilton, that'll be extra fuel use.

Soldato
Wouldn't be the first time that teams were banking on safety cars to keep fuel usage low and got it wrong.

Plus he spent however many laps defending from Hamilton, that'll be extra fuel use.

That would make sense if we didnt have two separate SC and an extra formation lap.

Soldato
I can't work out how Hamilton cooked his brakes on the formation lap! Those things were baking like they'd done 50 laps after sitting idle for 30 minutes and 1 formation lap.

Nah he cooked them during the safety car lap, hes cracking as he can't take the pressure of max being much much better than him..

Man of Honour
I can't work out how Hamilton cooked his brakes on the formation lap! Those things were baking like they'd done 50 laps after sitting idle for 30 minutes and 1 formation lap.
It's a way to get tyre temp that any drivers use. Just drag the brakes and the brake temp goes into the tyre carcass. As the Merc's are slow to warm the tyres it may have been the method Hamilton was using did it too much.

alx

alx

Soldato

This - they were behind the safety car on the formation lap as well weren't they so couldn't speed up / slow down to generate heat as much as they normally would. Unless he was deliberately partially holding his brakes around the lap to get heat into them (no idea if they can do that).

Man of Honour
Hamilton radio - Did I have magic on?

Pit - Uh, yeah bud. Yeah, just knocked it on.

Hamilton - I could have sworn I turned it off.

Pit - Yeah, you did, but knocked it on with the upshift.

Back
Top Bottom