• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Has OCUK given an idea about the 3070ti availability? I know the FE drops on Thursday but I'll be out and about and the likelihood that I'll be able to pull over into a layby at the right point in the day AND play the refresh lottery as happened with the 3080ti is near zero. The Zotac as listed @ £530 is looking tempting to replace my 1080ti

Associate
Has OCUK given an idea about the 3070ti availability? I know the FE drops on Thursday but I'll be out and about and the likelihood that I'll be able to pull over into a layby at the right point in the day AND play the refresh lottery as happened with the 3080ti is near zero. The Zotac as listed @ £530 is looking tempting to replace my 1080ti
All I can say is good luck!

Associate
Honestly, I'd be incredibly disappointed if MM-only was the route taken, as I'm sure many others would.

Whilst this may be the first time I've actually posted on the forum, I've spent.... god.... more money than I would like to admit with OCUK over the years.... enough to make my eyes water even thinking about it.... and definitely enough to get me castrated by the Mrs if she found out :D

For the most part I exclusively choose OCUK over other retailers, because I put actual value on the previous customer service I've received. That kind of stuff is what enforces customer loyalty, and I can honestly say I've stuck with OCUK for that reason - even when it might have been marginally cheaper to get things elsewhere. The only exceptions to this have been where there were specific things I wanted, and OCUK had no stock. I'm absolutely certain there are many others in a similar situation.

To judge "loyalty" based on a single stat like how many times someone has posted on a forum is ridiculous, although I realise the likely response I'll get, making this point to countless people with 4 figure post-counts. Not your problem right? :p

That said, I'm not exactly overflowing with many better ideas. Would just be a shame to essentially force people like me to look elsewhere, when I'd genuinely prefer to give OCUK my custom/money.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Honestly, I'd be incredibly disappointed if MM-only was the route taken, as I'm sure many others would.

Whilst this may be the first time I've actually posted on the forum, I've spent.... god.... more money than I would like to admit with OCUK over the years.... enough to make my eyes water even thinking about it.... and definitely enough to get me castrated by the Mrs if she found out :D

For the most part I exclusively choose OCUK over other retailers, because I put actual value on the previous customer service I've received. That kind of stuff is what enforces customer loyalty, and I can honestly say I've stuck with OCUK for that reason - even when it might have been marginally cheaper to get things elsewhere. The only exceptions to this have been where there were specific things I wanted, and OCUK had no stock. I'm absolutely certain there are many others in a similar situation.

To judge "loyalty" based on a single stat like how many times someone has posted on a forum is ridiculous, although I realise the likely response I'll get, making this point to countless people with 4 figure post-counts. Not your problem right? :p

That said, I'm not exactly overflowing with many better ideas. Would just be a shame to essentially force people like me to look elsewhere, when I'd genuinely prefer to give OCUK my custom/money.
With the upmost respect. How can we tell that you're not a scalper? How do we know that you're not one of these people who are operating bots? We've had thousands of forum sign ups in the last year, even ones with funky user names like yours, but not all of them are going to be genuine.

I hope that you can see it from our point of view. On the day that 3080Ti launched over 90% of the traffic in the graphics card section was flagged as bots and cloudflare is far from perfect. We can't, in good conscience put the cards up for public sale when we know that genuine customers aren't as fast as bots. The last time we put 3070 online we received over 200 orders in a matter of minutes (This is proof that the vast majority of these were auto-buy bots)
When we last tried to do a sale via the public forum, a significant chunk of the cards that we sold ended up being scalped. I personally banned about fifty customers over the two weeks following the sale. I don't have time to keep doing this every time we sell some cards and we've been very open about the fact that our current systems don't have the capability of identifying a genuine customers with order history before allowing purchase. There are scalper collectives operating hundreds of bots with hundreds of names & addresses of genuine people. Those people hand the cards to the scalpers and receive a fee. From a ecommerce software point of view there's absolutely no way to discern these from genuine customers.

I love that we have loyal customers and I'm well aware that we have a lot more loyal customers than we have forum members, but if the technology doesn't allow it, and we don't have hundreds of staff to take calls, the options available to us are incredibly limited.

Last edited:
Associate
They will probably release them in the members market only which you need 1000 forum posts to be able to access.
I like this idea, I've been after a 3080ti to replace my aging (but still quite worthy) 1080ti , just need a few more posts then...doh!

Edit: maybe not a 1000 post but 15+ years of signed up on the forum status

Bullit

Last edited:
Associate
I love that we have loyal customers and I'm well aware that we have a lot more loyal customers than we have forum members, but if the technology doesn't allow it, and we don't have hundreds of staff to take calls, the options available to us are incredibly limited.

It's a shame the age of an account can't be a factor - any accounts that have been OCUK customers for over a year won't have been setup to be a bot account for these cards (although of course a low post, but very old customer like me would say that :p ).

Associate
I think the MM access post count could do with being lowered a bit for these occasions as scaplers' wouldn't get 300 posts for example in time without attracting attention.

Soldato
Reminds me of all the spam accounts
With the upmost respect. How can we tell that you're not a scalper? How do we know that you're not one of these people who are operating bots? We've had thousands of forum sign ups in the last year, even ones with funky user names like yours, but not all of them are going to be genuine.

I hope that you can see it from our point of view. On the day that 3080Ti launched over 90% of the traffic in the graphics card section was flagged as bots and cloudflare is far from perfect. We can't, in good conscience put the cards up for public sale when we know that genuine customers aren't as fast as bots. The last time we put 3070 online we received over 200 orders in a matter of minutes (This is proof that the vast majority of these were auto-buy bots)
When we last tried to do a sale via the public forum, a significant chunk of the cards that we sold ended up being scalped. I personally banned about fifty customers over the two weeks following the sale. I don't have time to keep doing this every time we sell some cards and we've been very open about the fact that our current systems don't have the capability of identifying a genuine customers with order history before allowing purchase. There are scalper collectives operating hundreds of bots with hundreds of names & addresses of genuine people. Those people hand the cards to the scalpers and receive a fee. From a ecommerce software point of view there's absolutely no way to discern these from genuine customers.

How about phone calls, or is that a bad idea?

Associate
Reminds me of all the spam accounts

How about phone calls, or is that a bad idea?
and we don't have hundreds of staff to take calls, the options available to us are incredibly limited

I think the MM access post count could do with being lowered a bit for these occasions as scaplers' wouldn't get 300 posts for example in time without attracting attention.
Nah, 1000 is really for the buying and selling in MM.

Associate
How many FE drops are we likely to see? 2 or 3 over 5 weeks and then that's it or will they just keep happening until near the next generation is due out?

I can pretty much forget about the AIO 3080ti I want so an FE drop is my only hope.

Associate
Hundreds/thousands of incoming calls, even after we sell out, and, if we were to do it right, we'd need to screen the callers for order history. That's at least five minutes per conversation, it's just not realistic. :(

Out of curiosity is there any ideas right now on how to handle it?

Permabanned
Times 100000 calls (minimum).

Yea I got that but to call up and buy an item is at least going to take that, I get they may mean an additional 5mins but again from my end that is good to get me a GPU (if I needed one) and OCUK to get a sale/good PR.

I used to be on the phone 30-45min chewing the fat, they should take you back on temp basis. ;)

Back
Top Bottom