*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
people still play this?

Honestly the game is hardly worth playing anymore, dice and ea have basically abandoned it and its rampant with cheats. I only play it for the tank battles which can be decent but even then i'm running into more and more obvious ********* hacking.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/psn/vitalireal34/overview

Good example there, he has a single death. This report system they use is a total farce. BFv was probably the most broken, unfinished game they have ever released and given it's dice that's saying something. Yet everyone will merrily throw money at them for the next game and act like BFV never happened. =/

Man of Honour
Honestly the game is hardly worth playing anymore, dice and ea have basically abandoned it and its rampant with cheats. I only play it for the tank battles which can be decent but even then i'm running into more and more obvious ********* hacking.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/psn/vitalireal34/overview

Good example there, he has a single death. This report system they use is a total farce. BFv was probably the most broken, unfinished game they have ever released and given it's dice that's saying something. Yet everyone will merrily throw money at them for the next game and act like BFV never happened. =/

I recently moved across to playing the PC version and your right its awful with the amount of cheating on some of the servers; the Xbox version at least via Xbox Live folk get banned/kicked.

Associate
I have a Ryzen 7 3700x, 16gb DDR4 3600 RAM, GTX 1070ti and the settings upon installation default to MEDIUM.
My old FX8350, DDR3 and GTX970 defaulted to Medium.

Other games like RDR2 and Metro Exodus default to High or Ultra.

What's going on here??

Soldato
Just ordered a BF5 code in a box for £ 8.32 ex VAT, I only have BF4 at the moment which is supposed to be the better game. Had to order a couple of other items to qualify for free delivery which I wanted anyway.

On a certain auction site you can buy a code for £ 11.75, I spent £ 16.04 ex VAT with free delivery for BF5 and my other items. I’m pleased with that.

Soldato
Just seen on CDkeys you can buy BF5 on steam for £ 8.29. I presume the code in a box version will be on origin. My friends all play on origin so it’d be better for me this way but not overly fussed either way.

Don’t have a problem downloading it as I currently have a gigabit connection.

Associate
Just had a game with the normal cheaters but just near the end I lost all my kills but not the deaths. Anybody had this happen to them?

Soldato
Had my BFV code in a box today, so redeemed it with Origin and downloaded the whole game.

Took about 23 minutes to download the whole 90.49GB...

PV5qB6G.png

Jumped into an online game and tested my video settings, 4K medium wasn't great so ended up with 2560x1440 120hz high quality settings and achieve about 60 to 80 fps.

Associate
Just had a game with the normal cheaters but just near the end I lost all my kills but not the deaths. Anybody had this happen to them?

Not played it properly for almost a year only messing around with the graphics card

but my clan and squad would get constants calls of cheating every single round so is it 150-0 beaming everyone or just strong squads reviving people

40-50 can be a normal round for lots of people

there used to be some cheaters before but not that many

Associate
I appreciate that some good players will be called cheats but with a lot of the games now you will have 3 or 4 players who always get consistent high k/d ratio( over 20-1) not in keeping with the map. You will have those players just running all over the map almost oblivious of the gun fire or grenades, yes they normally have the lowest ping but they seem revive themselves quicker or take less damage than others. But it's the whole setup of the game really, no balance, not being able to kick obvious hackers, anti cheat seems to be non existent. As far as cheats go there are some really obvious ones who just stand in one place and hit everyone on the opposite side so they end up with 50 kills 0 deaths and they are still playing weeks later after being reported.

Associate
ok played a lot of bf5 and I meen a lot when our lego squads where all up and running we would have something like this on a lot of round ends

50-2
30-5
40-1
28-2

now I could be anyone of them and would have been downed anything up to a 100 times but revived the kills could be more or less but very rare anyone would get over 60

iam not saying this is always the case but you cant look at deaths and think they are cheating

now you see someone beaming whole squads in the blink of an eye

seen aimbots running on a lan before vs a top european counterstrike player who played at the cpl events in london 1v1 and its no contest you just die and die over and over

Caporegime
The game is filled with cheats, I’ve played quite a few hours this past week and I’d guess 3/10 rounds had someone cheating.

Not even questionable either, blatant cheating.

Caporegime
The game is filled with cheats, I’ve played quite a few hours this past week and I’d guess 3/10 rounds had someone cheating.

Not even questionable either, blatant cheating.

Yup, one of the first cheats I remember was in the beta, some git was managing to make tanks explode the instant they spawned in. He was in his spawn just merrily racking up kills somehow.

Associate
The cheats I'm on about are in tdm, it's almost impossible to get a tdm game that doesn't have some hackers. When it's a fairly balanced game (including cheats on both sides) you can get even scores all the way down the board so it isn't so bad but most of the time the balance is so far out that either you get annihilated or have very little to do. When I have played conquest I have only seen a couple of obvious cheats especially in tanks, so you are probably right about you not seeing many cheats.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'd love to know why so many game companies seem to wash their hands on cheaters. Ubisoft is just as bad. They never ban them. At the same time they never patch their games from the cheats.

You'll get posts deleted for calling out cheaters than they will take the time to deal with them.

Associate
The skins idea is also useless, in BF4 you earnt the gadgets that you put on the guns. If they had done that and you bought the skins for the guns and soldiers it would have been better for me. Dice have definitely lost their way with the game now, I'll not get the next one at launch, will wait to see how it pans out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom