Poll: *** The official 2020 MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

What 2020 Apple Silicon notebook have you ordered?

• MacBook Air

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • 13" MacBook Pro

Votes: 29 29.0%

• Total voters
Associate
Not with the use of the webcam. I don't really need some bobble head on a wide angle camera that is rendering their image in the wrong proportions.

Ok, well for the rest of us ‘bobbleheads’ who rely on Teams/Zoom meetings to work in the current climate, the M1’s camera is fine. I’m not sure anyone cares whether they’re seeing a potatopixel image of me or a 4K image from my A7R3.

Soldato
Ok, well for the rest of us ‘bobbleheads’ who rely on Teams/Zoom meetings to work in the current climate, the M1’s camera is fine. I’m not sure anyone cares whether they’re seeing a potatopixel image of me or a 4K image from my A7R3.

This made me laugh for some reason.

It could be worse right. Wasn't it Dell that had the webcam in the hinge so you looked up at someone's chin. Most integrated webcams seem to be an after thought.

Soldato
This made me laugh for some reason.

It could be worse right. Wasn't it Dell that had the webcam in the hinge so you looked up at someone's chin. Most integrated webcams seem to be an after thought.

More like you saw straight up someone's nose. I had a work version of one of these, it was absolutely atrocious positioning.

Soldato
I had a 2017 Macbook Air previously and the M1 Air is definitely better in regards to camera quality. Its still pretty much potatocam compared to what Apple should be putting in new machines, but its alright.
Hmmm, strange. Maybe she’s sneezed on it without realising. I wouldn’t put it past her!
I know they’ve never been great, my own MacBook Pro is proof of that, but it seemed weird that it seemed worse. Thought there might have been a stealth cost-cutting exercise.

Soldato
Pretty sure the front camera on my 2018 ipad is better than my macbook?

Yes, but the thickness of the iPad if about 4x that of the Mac book. It’s the same reason why the front camera on my iPhone 6 is better.

Like I said, it’s a phisical limitation, you just can’t fit enough glass to make a decent lens between the sensor and the front of the screen.

Camera bumps on phones aren’t for the lols, it’s entirely to fit the required lenses behind them to produce a good image.

Soldato
Have to say i was not a fan of Apple until i got my first macBook Air and i love it , only issues is the number of usb ports and they are so close together , so might have to buy a docking station

A docking station is crucial for versatility IMO. I have a uGreen one that uses two USB-C ports but gives you one USB-C, three USB-A and a card reader. Fits to the side perfectly and is a very neat solution.

Permabanned
A docking station is crucial for versatility IMO. I have a uGreen one that uses two USB-C ports but gives you one USB-C, three USB-A and a card reader. Fits to the side perfectly and is a very neat solution.

Might have to look into a docking station , might have to look on Amazon , i am really liking the Macbook Air so far, nice bright screen and the battery lasts for hours . Nice keyboard also

Soldato
Amazon look to be selling off their current stock of MacBooks, with them all now priced at the education store pricing. The new machines are coming...

I'm very tempted to chop mine for an Apple silicon if the price is right. Not that I really need to, but there's an itch.. you know. :D

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom