Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Soldato
What is the 17" like? It says m2 drive , £1200.

Reckon 17" bit better for Windows less moving pages around, bit it's the same resolution as the vivobook I had, so slightly bigger pixels

ALD

ALD

Associate
I've now had an email from Lenovo apologising for the delay, blaming it on component shortages, and confirming tomorrows shipping date.
They have definitely had issues sourcing Wi-Fi Cards. Mine arrived yesterday and it's fitted with a Realtek Wi-Fi 6 card instead of an Intel one.

Associate
Fingers crossed I get some kind of update in the next week or two. Ordered 4th June and still ‘in process’ apparently (thankfully I’ve been charged)

Soldato
Ordered on the 3rd of June and got an email today saying that dispatch will likely be 31/08. Seems to be a popular date!

Gives me a bit of time to decide on it. Tempted to go back to a desktop again but the graphics card situation is grim to say the least. Was one of the tempting reasons behind getting this laptop.

Associate
Huh you can't customise the pro anymore

Yeah, I saved a custom 5 Pro in my cart yesterday with the aim of buying today after I’d been to see a 15.6” laptop to make sure I was happy with the size of the screen. Today my cart has been emptied as the product is no longer available. They’ve got a pre-built one ready to ship in 2 weeks though.

Soldato
Yeah, I saved a custom 5 Pro in my cart yesterday with the aim of buying today after I’d been to see a 15.6” laptop to make sure I was happy with the size of the screen. Today my cart has been emptied as the product is no longer available. They’ve got a pre-built one ready to ship in 2 weeks though.

Pretty sure 32gb ram model was less than £1500...wonder if the price has gone up for that pre built one compared to two days ago and setting or to the same configuration

Associate
Pretty sure 32gb ram model was less than £1500...wonder if the price has gone up for that pre built one compared to two days ago and setting or to the same configuration

I spec’d 32GB RAM, 5800H, 3070, RGB keyboard but removed one of the drives and picked the 512GB option for the second and it came in at £1,440 before any discounts.

The only available option now is 16GB RAM but with a 1TB SSD and no RGB keyboard at £1,500 before any discounts which is the same model Currys had when they briefly had stock of it.

I’m torn between one of these and waiting for the 6800M version which is faster and rumoured to be cheaper than 3070 models.

I’m disappointed there’s no 17” option for this as I don’t need maximum portability and the 17” screens felt significantly bigger than the 15” models.

Soldato
I spec’d 32GB RAM, 5800H, 3070, RGB keyboard but removed one of the drives and picked the 512GB option for the second and it came in at £1,440 before any discounts.

The only available option now is 16GB RAM but with a 1TB SSD and no RGB keyboard at £1,500 before any discounts which is the same model Currys had when they briefly had stock of it.

I’m torn between one of these and waiting for the 6800M version which is faster and rumoured to be cheaper than 3070 models.

I’m disappointed there’s no 17” option for this as I don’t need maximum portability and the 17” screens felt significantly bigger than the 15” models.

Due to it being 16:10 and 16" it actually feels a lot nicer than a 17" model if I'm honest.

Seems you can also order the legion 7 pro versions now and go up to a 3080 if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom