*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

V F

V F

Soldato
Trailer was better than expected, but given that all it had to better was BFV that is not exactly difficult.

Why is anyone even thinking of preordering this? BFV was an absolute mess with no content for nearly a year after launch. I have no reason to believe that this will be any different. Also EA discounted BFV about a week launch so just wait for that.

Personally I would like to see them bring back premium. Yes it splits the player base, but with BF3, 4 and 1 we never struggled to find a full server and it does force DICE into actually providing additional content. Also it provides at least a minor additional barrier to hackers (assuming DICE actually bans them) as they also have to purchase premium to play on those servers.

I wont. I'll wait to see the reviews just like I held off and skipped on Outriders which turned out was the right choice.

Soldato
I wonder if this new EA hack of the source code for games like Fifa and Frostbite engine included the latest Battlefield

If the hackers got the source for earlier releases it could finally mean the ability to mod games like BF4, BFV and BF1 and Battlefront

Soldato
Great memories of BF2 clan matches, let's hope it's something big with no cheating.
Unfortunately, Decent anti cheat measures these days seems to be an after thought and they just go with Punkbuster,Easy Anticheat or rely on players to report then eventually look into it,But by that time they have already been cheating for weeks if not longer!

I'm a BF fan, Enjoyed BF3,BC2,BF4..anything after BF4 though i thought was a massive let-down so I'm really hoping 2042 will go back to been "Battlefield".

Not sure I'm going to rush out and pre-order when you can, I want to at least be able to try Alpha/Beta myself if they will even do that.

V F

V F

Soldato
Unfortunately, Decent anti cheat measures these days seems to be an after thought and they just go with Punkbuster,Easy Anticheat or rely on players to report then eventually look into it,But by that time they have already been cheating for weeks if not longer!

I'm a BF fan, Enjoyed BF3,BC2,BF4..anything after BF4 though i thought was a massive let-down so I'm really hoping 2042 will go back to been "Battlefield".

Not sure I'm going to rush out and pre-order when you can, I want to at least be able to try Alpha/Beta myself if they will even do that.

People report cheaters all the time to the likes of Ubisoft even with video proof and they still ignore them. Or worse, they get a short temporary ban if at all.

Associate
Ridiculous price for half a game and people going out of their way to throw money at it with pre orders. What's even in the ultimate addition? A special teabag pose? A glitter pack? Nice pair of shoes?

Soldato
Ridiculous price for half a game and people going out of their way to throw money at it with pre orders. What's even in the ultimate addition? A special teabag pose? A glitter pack? Nice pair of shoes?

I paid £67 for the gold edition which is something like £1.28 per week over the course of a year. I know fine well I will get my moneys worth out of this game.

Soldato
Why bother with the multi language, does it add anything more to the game?

I searched cdkeys and I found it for £34.99 didn’t realize the English version was cheaper. What’s the difference between multi language version anyway? Only a pound difference so not fussed.

Associate
I paid £67 for the gold edition which is something like £1.28 per week over the course of a year. I know fine well I will get my moneys worth out of this game.
If you use 2 years for your fake calculation then it's half the price per week.... bargain.

I'll wait until it is released, not a complete mess and reasonably priced before buying. maybe that will be year 2.

Last edited:
Associate
People report cheaters all the time to the likes of Ubisoft even with video proof and they still ignore them. Or worse, they get a short temporary ban if at all.
Hardware bans, like COD, was the only effective measure I saw. Not sure how successful it was but the idea definitely appealed to me. If Activision can do it...

Soldato
If you use 2 years for your fake calculation then it's half the price per week.... bargain.

I'll wait until it is released, not a complete mess and reasonably priced before buying. maybe that will be year 2.

Yep it will be a bargain, I'll be enjoying it unlike yourself who will be twiddling your thumbs worrying over every single aspect of the game :)

Man of Honour
I know folk seem to hate BFV but personally I've spent more time playing that online over the last couple of years than anything else; this will be a Day 1 purchase for me; although for the first time in a long time COD probably will be too if the rumoured move to WW2 is confirmed!

Back
Top Bottom