• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1050Ti

Associate
I've come into ownership of a 1050Ti, got the box, manual, cd etc.

Tried to fire up the pc to test it before flogging and it keeps going BSOD as soon as it's enabled in device manager, it shows as a 1050ti in there. Tried the usual troubleshooting but nothing works.

Now for the interesting part, gpu-z is showing everything is fine on the card and that it is as a 1050ti but with 6gb of gram.

I'm just seeking some wisdom on what could be going on with the vram, thanks

Associate
OP
1X74S2p

https://ibb.co/1X74S2p

https://ibb.co/hx0zxDC

Soldato
I wonder if something odd is going on with the 1060 6gb being run alongside it, the memory specs match the 1060 rather than a 1050

The image is just a Google of a 1060 on gpu-z

https://ibb.co/BnjdjvS

it honestly looks like a gtx 1060 bios has been flashed and now that card is in a bad place, if you can try looking for the origianl bios and flash back, The 1050 ti should have 768 cuda cores not 1280 as above the ram too at 6gb is all wrong and the bandwith

Associate
OP
I think it looks like someone has been tinkering with the bios and you'll have to flash it back to a stock one.

It didn't come from a miner did it?

No way to know for sure if they were but I guess it's possible.

I'll try and find the original bios for it and flash it. I'll report back later.

Don
it honestly looks like a gtx 1060 bios has been flashed and now that card is in a bad place, if you can try looking for the origianl bios and flash back, The 1050 ti should have 768 cuda cores not 1280 as above the ram too at 6gb is all wrong and the bandwith

This - the ROPs/TMUS match a 1060 6GB, the Default clock and memory clock also match a 1060 6GB

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
This - the ROPs/TMUS match a 1060 6GB, the Default clock and memory clock also match a 1060 6GB

On the money. Defo isn't a 1050ti, almost certain it is a 1060 6gb that's been incorrectly flashed.

TMUs/ROPS, core/mem clocks and shader counts all point in that direction.

Associate
OP
On the money. Defo isn't a 1050ti, almost certain it is a 1060 6gb that's been incorrectly flashed.

TMUs/ROPS, core/mem clocks and shader counts all point in that direction.

Try booting to something like Linux Mint from a USB, and see what it is detected as.

Had the card apart, it's definitely a 1050ti PCB and has 4 memory chips which match what they should be.

I'll try the Linux mint idea tonight.

Associate
OP
I didn't but I can take it apart in a spare 2 mins later on, but I verified the etched number under the backing plate and it checks out.

If it's a scam card it's gotten very sophisticated recently.

Leaning towards its been badly flashed and now it's having a major and incurable identify crisis.

Back
Top Bottom