• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5000$ 3070-s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
People caught spamming get a post count reduction, so they get nowhere.

The deals in MM are now live. :)
Hey, it's your forum, you do you, but as someone who has been here for 13 years, and an OCUK customer longer, it feels like a kick in the nuts.

Associate
Hey, it's your forum, you do you, but as someone who has been here for 13 years, and an OCUK customer longer, it feels like a kick in the nuts.
THere is no perfect solution sadly. Here's to hoping they take pity on us and just pop us a DM with a code... Aye?

My 7950 is looking awful weary.

Associate
CANT WAIT!!!!

I LITERALLY JUST RAN HOME I WAS A FEW MILES AWAY NO CREDIT CARD ON ME LOL

Dripping with sweat now I am so unfit!!!!!!

I 100% promise I am not a scalper, the card will be used for my own personal use, in my PC for gaming!!!!! I will not even sell my old one that will go to my 14 year old son.

Any idea on what time?

That's commitment, I like the idea that gamers are getting fit trying to get new cards. I think my plan is just to enjoy the summer and hope this craziness blows over by the autumn when I might spend more time indoors again.

Associate
Just called. The cost is closer to £600 but you need the member forum code to get it. To be fair it's good they are trying to stop the scalpers this way, but how would you know the long time forum users aren't scalpers themselves. i'm sure if stock is coming in here, it will appear elsewhere soon too.

Associate
I just called in also, its great they are trying to stop what is clearly a problem but its still impacting people you are looking for a card. I've been trying for months now to get hold of one but no luck. Stuck with a GT710 just to get my buildup and running but clearly cant play anything. A nice DM to people requesting would go a long way and some positive reviews on how OCUK are addressing this issue.

Man of Honour
Hitting 1000 posts is really not that hard. At the end of the day this is a computer help forum and most people will know things that others don't so get helping. If you don't feel like helping others there's always GD or Motors. Look at the codes as a bonus for members that actually contribute to the forum.

OcUK Staff
Just called. The cost is closer to £600 but you need the member forum code to get it. To be fair it's good they are trying to stop the scalpers this way, but how would you know the long time forum users aren't scalpers themselves. i'm sure if stock is coming in here, it will appear elsewhere soon too.

We've done three deals previously, two privately which went generally well, little to no scalping.
Then we did a public code, that code was leaked within minutes and the majority of stock was scalped.

We are looking into more solutions, but right now we have a solution that does work, the negative is that the audience is limited, we will maybe re-consider a public deal again in the future but after the last one was a total failure and on a less in demand GPU (6700 XT) doing a public voucher code for a 3070 at £600 would cause absolute mayhem, it would be leaked in seconds and the stock would get all bought up by scalpers mainly.

We shall continue looking and in the meantime we are still shipping our 3080 back orders and doing upgrades for 3080 back orders at huge losses, but we keep doing it and in the end we hope to win.

Associate

Agreed, little bit upset, due to the fact of being a local, yet loyal customer for going on 20 years all the way back when they were in the Fenton Shed.
I recall back in the day I couldn't join the forum in early 2000s if you had a Hotmail address at the time, which made it difficult at the time for me to sort myself out joining the forum.
I guess if you're like me, sometimes, you tend to not want to post a lot anyway, if you don't actually think you add a lot to any particular conversation.
Theres a lot more I can add to this as to why I didn't or do a lot of forum posting (neurological health condition notwithstanding) that makes it a double kick in the nuts for people like myself.

Probably sure I'll get yelled at by someone for this post, and yes, I understand there is no perfect solution for this current situation we have, but OCUK does have to know they've gatekeeped out genuine people/consumers too.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Again, that kinds sucks for people like myself, who have been members here for a ling time, but don't post often :(

I don't want to spam 900+ posts just to access the MM. Seems counter productive.

I understand there is no perfect solution for this current situation we have, but OCUK does have to know they've gatekeeped out genuine people/consumers too.
Blame the countless people who scalped the last public forum deal that we did. Can't say that we weren't willing to try but we were left sorely disappointed by the end result.

Associate
Blame the countless people who scalped the last public forum deal that we did. Can't say that we weren't willing to try but we were left sorely disappointed by the end result.
I'm not saying do a public forum deal. I'm saying those who have been here a long time, but who don't post often, should be allowed access to the MM. How is a 2021 registered user with 1000 posts more deserving than a 10+ year forum veteran with 100 posts?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I'm not saying do a public forum deal. I'm saying those who have been here a long time, but who don't post often, should be allowed access to the MM. How is a 2021 registered user with 1000 posts more deserving than a 10+ year forum veteran with 100 posts?
we've gone over this numerous times in the last few months, we looked at a way of creating a section with looser access requirements but we're not able to within the abilities of the current forum (which I've been told is in the process of being updated along with the website)

OcUK Staff

Yes this was the solution we had hoped for and was put into action, both myself, IT and the moderator team spent a week working hard but in the end there was some kind of code issue that required a lot more IT involvement and right now they don't have the time to commit to sorting that due to working on the new systems ScottiB has eluded to many times on the forum.

But we did and hoped to do exactly as per the above with a new forum sub section in graphics focusing on voucher deals for members who had been joined 1 or more years with 50+ plus post, unfortunately we can't make it happen right now. :(

Hopefully with several major updates coming in the future then this might become possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom