What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
It's led me to start Brassic with the actor who plays Woody in TIE. Only watched one episode so far but seems enjoyable.
Brassic is great - very happy that the 3rd series has been expanded to 8 episodes. Saw an interview with Dominic West where he talks about the stories Joe Gilgun told of his childhood when they were filming Pride. Dominic thought they were so good that the contacted a producer to talk to Joe about making a show about them.

If you haven't seen it it you need to watch Preacher, Gilgun is brilliant in that too.

Soldato
I like Gilgun, sure he doesn't have massive range or versatility but you know exactly what you're going to get with him in a role and I like it. He was pretty funny in Misfits too.

Soldato
Tin Star - watched the first series and enjoyed it, two episodes into series two and I'm not so sure. It just seems to be trying to outdo itself with odd and unpredictable behavior.

Soldato
Jimmy Mcgoverns new series Time, last night, really kills other derivative beeb series' - line of duty, killing eve, .....
Stephen Graham/ Sean Bean great, definitely not glamorizing prison, characters feel real without OTT dramatization

Just watched this today. Pretty good. Wouldn't put it above the others your mention personally, but would definitely recommend to people.

Soldato
Just finished "Lupin" on Netflix. Really good. I wasn't sure but my wife wanted to watch and we ended up watching it all in a week. Omar Sy is really good and it's definitely got an "Ocean's 11" vibe to the crimes and with a good heart.
Some amusingly French angles to it as well. Like a woman saying she has nothing worth stealing as themost valuable thing in her whole apartment "is a ****** bottle of 6 year old Merlot".

Soldato
Tried a couple of different shows. First up

Solos on Amazon Prime. Watched Two episodes, not sure I will watch a third. Pretty boring monologues by characters that you can't feel anything for in a thirty minute timeslot. The description of each episode is much better than the actual episode itself. So my advice, is to read the description and let your imagination go wild. Don't bother with the show.

Dispatches From Elsewhere also on Amazon Prime. Just watched one Episode so far. Eve Lindley as Simone is excellent so far. But, the show itself seems a bit rubbish to be honest. Might give it another Episode to see if it gets any better.

Soldato
Startup gets good, particularly season 2, stay with it.

Binged the second half of season 2 of The Boys last night after not having gone back to it for 6 months as got a bit bored, however couldn’t stop watching last night until the end. OMG more gore than Game of Thrones! I think someone was playing too much Doom when they wrote this :D

One really questionable “super power” - shlong man... not sure why they even thought of that. Also is it wrong that I didn’t realise Starlight has to have a power source to drain her energy from...? Maybe I wasn’t paying attention before. They’ve ended well I think to either walk away and not make another episode or to do a season 3, which is a good idea. Great to see Supernatural’s fun Bobby make an appearance towards the end and also just read that Jensen Ackles is confirmed for Season 3.

Soldato
Just finished "Lupin" on Netflix. Really good. I wasn't sure but my wife wanted to watch and we ended up watching it all in a week. Omar Sy is really good and it's definitely got an "Ocean's 11" vibe to the crimes and with a good heart.
Some amusingly French angles to it as well. Like a woman saying she has nothing worth stealing as themost valuable thing in her whole apartment "is a ****** bottle of 6 year old Merlot".

We very much enjoyed Lupin also.

Man of Honour
I downloaded al six? episodes of Box 21, allegedly a Scandi-Noir goody, and watched episode one last night.
Jeez, that’s an hour of my life that I won’t get back, yet it seemed so promising, pretty Romanian boy shows Romanian waitress a good time, eventually luring her to Stockholm and enforced prostitution.
There, their lives become intertwined with a Swedish cop and his cop wife.
The “acting” seemed so wooden, and the plot was anyone’s guess.
I felt like I was watching the Skegness local am-dram group in action, or inaction.
It won’t put me off Scandic dramas, they’re usually so good, but I screwed up big time downloading this.
Of course, this is just my opinion, yours may differ, indeed, my wife is determined to follow it through to the bitter end.
I’ll be reading a book in the kitchen.

Soldato
Mid way through the third and final season of Code Black.

Not a patch on the first two seasons. I think they knew the writing as on the wall, as everyone from the writers to the actors seem to be going though the motions. Storylines are poor, the acting is wooden. It's a shame, as I really enjoyed the first two seasons.

Soldato
Finished Fleabag - good. Although sometimes i was rooting for the main character, other times i think she deserves everything she gets - she is not a nice person. But very funny show.

Also the actress who played Claire, the sister, was a minger and yet she was made out to be stunning on the show, PWB is much hotter :)

Would have liked to see the dad leave the Godmother, we kept getting glimpses of him seeing how awful she is, but it fizzled to nothing and he ends up spending his days with her and his relationship with daughter's still strained and broken.

Love Andrew Scott as an actor.

Back
Top Bottom