• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TTL Rightfully Calling Out Retailers Price Gouging

Associate
I'd be very interested to see what OCUK are being charged for some cards.

There may be some equalisation in regards to profit margin, but as I'm regularly quoted around £1.6k for 3090, £600-700 for 3070 and £300-400 for 3060, it's definitely not simply retail gouging alone that has caused the current pricing.

OcUK Staff
I'd be very interested to see what OCUK are being charged for some cards.

There may be some equalisation in regards to profit margin, but as I'm regularly quoted around £1.6k for 3090, £600-700 for 3070 and £300-400 for 3060, it's definitely not simply retail gouging alone that has caused the current pricing.

Our cost have rocketed of course in some lines we make excellent margin and other lines the margin is very slim, some of the 6700 XT and 6900 XT are at 5-10% and is the reason we can’t discount them with vouchers as we can’t get much cheaper. Other cards we make more on and at the same time on 3080 back orders we can lose around £200-300 per card, in the end it’s all a balancing act.

Associate
Our cost have rocketed of course in some lines we make excellent margin and other lines the margin is very slim, some of the 6700 XT and 6900 XT are at 5-10% and is the reason we can’t discount them with vouchers as we can’t get much cheaper. Other cards we make more on and at the same time on 3080 back orders we can lose around £200-300 per card, in the end it’s all a balancing act.

I do love how open and honest you are Gibbo! Does make me laugh when retailers get blamed solely. You're doing a grand job

Associate
£750 with the voucher code in MM.

This could well be a lifesaver, 1080ti died a few days ago, Gibbo if you see this do you know how the 4 year extrended warranty is handled? Auros xtreme edition - I thought it was three years, imagine my relief when i found out I had the extended warranty and the card is 3.5 years old, I had no idea of the state of things in the gpu world right now.

Tried the auros website and they have it logged and everything but seem to only be able to deal with US warranties and referred me back to retailer? Only realised I'm warrantied last night.

Back
Top Bottom