What PC games are you playing?

ne0

ne0

Associate
Addicted to Outriders atm....avoided the launch problems and dived in last week. Absolutely awesome game, just can't stop playing it!

ne0

ne0

Associate
LOL, well met.
Well if you believe the developers, Cyberpunk was made for PC first! I know that's not exactly what you mean but that particular example didn't turn out so well... :D

On PC it was no worse than any other new release tbh. I know some people had problems on PC but most of the major issues were on console so it makes sense that it was made for PC first. I've had zero crashes on over 100 hours on PC.

Associate
Addicted to Outriders atm....avoided the launch problems and dived in last week. Absolutely awesome game, just can't stop playing it!

It's a really good game, but the end game does have issues. There are bugs and problems with the game that really don't become apparent until the last few tiers of the end game and the devs are being really slow to fix them. Up until that point it really is a cracking game though.

Soldato
On PC it was no worse than any other new release tbh. I know some people had problems on PC but most of the major issues were on console so it makes sense that it was made for PC first. I've had zero crashes on over 100 hours on PC.
Yeah I completely agree. It was the consoles that suffered as the developers focused on PC first, thinking that they could use that as a base and then reduce for consoles. I too have over 100 hours in it, had no crashes and only a few little graphical glitches that were actually quite amusing. I thought it was great game and doesn't deserve the amount of venom that has been spewed about it.

Associate
Playing Control as it was given away for free this week... first time playing a single-player game through GeforceNow (just played stuff like Vermintide on it before) and I've already lost one session's worth of progress in a cloud-save mixup... but not a lot else I can do as my decade old laptop sure isn't running it, haha.

The game itself so far is really fantastic they've done some excellent stuff with the lighting and acting and whatnot... and just as a general game it's giving me a Half-life or Prey vibe... the throwy stuff power has been a lot of fun so far too.

Associate
Playing Control as it was given away for free this week... first time playing a single-player game through GeforceNow (just played stuff like Vermintide on it before) and I've already lost one session's worth of progress in a cloud-save mixup... but not a lot else I can do as my decade old laptop sure isn't running it, haha.

The game itself so far is really fantastic they've done some excellent stuff with the lighting and acting and whatnot... and just as a general game it's giving me a Half-life or Prey vibe... the throwy stuff power has been a lot of fun so far too.

Have you considered playing minesweeper on that laptop

Associate
Actually it runs Genshin Impact (albeit on everything low and a lower than native resolution)... that's my go-to when the queues on GeforceNow are too long to deal with (mainly at the weekends)...

Is that actually worth playing? I saw it on this weeks epic freebies but didn't seem like my sort of thing

Associate
Is that actually worth playing? I saw it on this weeks epic freebies but didn't seem like my sort of thing

I dunno how much you know about it, but I'll try to summarise... it's f2p anyway no need to get it from epic (mihoyo have their own launcher), it's also cross-platform with mobile... so I'd imagine 90% of people would tap out at that and no need to read the following, haha...
It's a big interesting world you can wander around in and explore (people say like Breath of the Wild, but I've not played that), the exploring is probably the biggest selling point (but they're slow to add new countries), the actual story isn't that great. The most recent update added some islands you can drive a boat around and explore (but they'll go once the event is over), the update before that added housing (which is something I potter around in atm)... so it's not like they don't add new stuff but people are really wanting another new country as it's been teased for a while.
It's a gatcha game, so you need to pull characters you use out of lootboxes, I rerolled accounts a bit when it first came out last year and got a good starting line-up and then over time have saved enough bits that I've got a ton of characters that I'm happy with... buuuut if you're the type to absolutely want to play a specific character then you'd need to save up the handed out currency and wait for that character's banner... or if you'd want everyone then you'd need to bring out your wallet... it's fine for me because I've not thrown in a single penny and enjoy seeing what I can get out of it that way, but some people put in tons of money (there's no pvp so it's not p2w, but it's still predatory in its own way)... you can wander around the world solving very simple puzzles, farming mats, unlocking stuff, collecting stuff, etc all without any time-gating... but there is resin (like stamina from most mobile games) that you've gotta use and wait for it to regen to do domains and bosses (to get artifacts (character gear) and mats to ascend your characters)... so once you've seen all of the world that's out atm and used your daily resin, then there's not a ton to do.

So yeah, it's not like I'd recommend it, but it does suit me atm (being one of the few things my laptop can run and being free)... and as there's no barrier to entry you could just download it and give it a whirl... but I imagine a lot of regular PC gamers wouldn't be into it.

If I manage to get a proper rig together (which I shouldn't really do, but I got tempted when the 3000 series was announced, but has kinda gone out of the window with the actual GPU prices), then I'd drop the game and catch up on other freebies I've got kicking around (like Kingdom Come Deliverance), or get some of the massive backlog of modern games I've not been able to play whenever they're on sale for cheaps, or maybe get New World as I get a lot of mileage out of MMOs and it's been quite a while since I got into one...

Associate
Yeah, they did themselves no favours with the first Subnautica game, it was SO good that they set the bar for a sequel incredibly high

Yeah, they should have implemented many of the best mods such as map & sleep mods. It's a different game when your vision/controls go fuzzy without sleep.

Soldato
Finally after 30+ hours I've completed alien isolation...

What a game! The setting and atmosphere is without doubt the best there is, and the alien... brilliant.

I can stop give my poor heart a rest now!

10/10

Roll on number two.

Associate
Just started playing RDO with a bunch of friends. Coming from the single player iam massively disappointed how bunch is unlocked behind gold bars.

Really doesn't give me much hope for GTA 6 :(

Soldato
Finally after 30+ hours I've completed alien isolation...

What a game! The setting and atmosphere is without doubt the best there is, and the alien... brilliant.

I can stop give my poor heart a rest now!

10/10

Roll on number two.
Yeah it's quite the achievement to get right through the entire game given the level of intensity and fear it induces. Congrats! It remains one of my ultimate gaming achievements! :D

Back
Top Bottom