*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Also running the same set up, only recently got the shifter, adds so much immersion.

Downloaded a custom feedback file for PC2 and you can feel all the vibrations through the seat...poor man's butt shaker
I'll have to try that. PC2 is my driving sim of choice.

I've had a shifter for a long while but no mount. Found a really good custom metal one on Ebay recently and it's great. I thought the shifter felt a bit notchy, but once mounted it feels far better.

Associate
I'll have to try that. PC2 is my driving sim of choice.

I've had a shifter for a long while but no mount. Found a really good custom metal one on Ebay recently and it's great. I thought the shifter felt a bit notchy, but once mounted it feels far better.

The irwell racing one?

HQqlYWB_d.webp

rrdAOIj

Pimped my stick, much nicer feel to it.

...excuse the shoddy cable management

Associate
Anyone here got a 3080/3080ti and running oculus link? How's the performance? What render scaling do you use in steamVR/Oculus app?

Been trying (sadly not successful) at getting a 30 series card, and wondering what the performance is like.

Soldato
Anyone here got a 3080/3080ti and running oculus link? How's the performance? What render scaling do you use in steamVR/Oculus app?

Been trying (sadly not successful) at getting a 30 series card, and wondering what the performance is like.

I can max out Link on my 3090FE on Oculus titles. For Steam VR I keep it at 100%ss for the Quest, and take it up and down on a per title basis based on performance.

BUT even a 3090 can't max out all VR games. Some, especially sims or conversions of 2D games may need render settings, refresh rate or in-game detail levels reduced for a playable frame rate. It's still a massive, massive improvement over my 1080ti.

Associate
I can max out Link on my 3090FE on Oculus titles. For Steam VR I keep it at 100%ss for the Quest, and take it up and down on a per title basis based on performance.

BUT even a 3090 can't max out all VR games. Some, especially sims or conversions of 2D games may need render settings, refresh rate or in-game detail levels reduced for a playable frame rate. It's still a massive, massive improvement over my 1080ti.
Sounds great tbh, just to confirm, you're running 1.7 scaling on oculus's app?

Associate
Has anyone used yet the new features yet? I was using virtual desktop for WiFi PC, not been on my headset for a while just wondering was the views were on it? Better than VD?

Soldato
Airlink works great for me, just as good if not better than virtual desktop. As it's integrated into the OS it's really easy to use and doesnt require a separate application .
Its worked with all games I've thrown at it from my pc. Had some issues with certain games on virtual desktop.
Airlink latency is very good but make sure you have a decent router which is wired to your pc

Soldato
I find Airlink smoother and more reliable than VD. The big plus is that it works with all the Oculus PC games. I found that some games like From Other Suns didn't work on VD.
I've not tried the latest beta of VD though which now supports Synchronous Space Warp motion smoothing.

Soldato
I have just tried playing Darts VR but theres no controller pointer, but I can see the controllers. Does this mean the game isn't compatible with the quest 2?

Back
Top Bottom