• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I don't want to derail the PS5 thread but Halo Infinite is probably the only one this year, November? Starfield is rumoured to be late 2022 now.
Yes, sorry it was getting into a bit of a derail.

anyhoo, just been playing R&C for the last few hours. Really enjoying it ! Just got up to controlling rivet and the speetle. The game looks absolutely phenomenal. Got it on 60+RT !

Soldato
Haha, Smyths drop today that I was waiting for, glued to my phone and Twitter, signed in and ready to buy. All gone in 3 mins, I was too slow :(

Even when you are prepared and ready to go the window of opportunity is just so small.

Man this is nuts. People on Discord all saying, "Great, I got my 3rd/4th/5th/25th PS5, thanks!"

The "community" is pretty much 50/50 scalpers to gamers. Grates when many of us can't even get one.

What grates me is those people arent getting banned from there, its the same guys over and over again I had over 100 DMs when i said something in there some weeks back as well, the telegram I was in has a crap ton of scalpers in it.

Soldato
Where did you get your alert from? Apparently the Discord alert was 3 mins late and all stock already gone.

I'm not signed up to Twitter but apparently the alerts there are coming in earlier than the Discord alerts? I swore I'd never sign up to Twitter but might be the only way!

Hotstock has a premium option, I have long suspected most of the alert guys are running premium/exclusive faster alerts, its an obvious money maker.

Associate
So far I've had no interest at all in trying to think about owning a playstation 5 due to the complete lack of stock of anything these days.

Does anyone know when ull actually be able to buy one easily enough? I'm guessing when the ps6 probably comes out.

Soldato
If it makes anyone feel slightly better about the bundles, the Ratchet and Clank bundle is actually a boxed/branded bundle (I have one right here) , not just retailers making you buy another item. That doesn't cover the other stuff though

Soldato
Haha, Smyths drop today that I was waiting for, glued to my phone and Twitter, signed in and ready to buy. All gone in 3 mins, I was too slow :(

Even when you are prepared and ready to go the window of opportunity is just so small.

Man this is nuts. People on Discord all saying, "Great, I got my 3rd/4th/5th/25th PS5, thanks!"

The "community" is pretty much 50/50 scalpers to gamers. Grates when many of us can't even get one.

Yer, I managed to get 31, no 32 of them, will be drip-feeding them into the market soon.....
See, what I say, isn't necessarily the truth. If you believe all of these people claiming of this success, then next thing you know you start believing that even 10% of all available consoles get "scalped" and that truly is not the case.

I think it's easier just to think there is an "enemy" getting the item you want, just makes you feel better when it is "someone else, who is evil, stopping me from getting what I want" as opposed to "There are more people who want one than are available - I keep on getting beaten"

Soldato
The disk drive is still a real weak point. Shame the quality control and component quality is still naff.

Still cannot remember the last time I really heard my optical drive - even less after the patch which stopped it spinning up every hour.
I recently went through the FF7 Remake reinstall - disk spun up when initially inserted and the install kicked off, but within moments that had dropped to a very low hum.
Now playing the PS5 version of FF7, I'm pretty sure the disk spins up when I launch the game, but that's all I hear for the session.

Caporegime
Yer, I managed to get 31, no 32 of them, will be drip-feeding them into the market soon.....
See, what I say, isn't necessarily the truth. If you believe all of these people claiming of this success, then next thing you know you start believing that even 10% of all available consoles get "scalped" and that truly is not the case.

I think it's easier just to think there is an "enemy" getting the item you want, just makes you feel better when it is "someone else, who is evil, stopping me from getting what I want" as opposed to "There are more people who want one than are available - I keep on getting beaten"
There is no justification or defence for scalping.

And as per the article I linked in my reply earlier, it's at least 10% - 15% scalping rate, just looking at resellers on eBay and StockX.

Feel free to believe scalping isn't an issue if you wish.

Associate
With you there mate, you can't even blame the miners here. The amount of 'brand new in box' ps5s on eBay makes me sad. Pure fckin scalping and market abuse.

Soldato
There is no justification or defence for scalping.

And as per the article I linked in my reply earlier, it's at least 10% - 15% scalping rate, just looking at resellers on eBay and StockX.

Feel free to believe scalping isn't an issue if you wish.

I stick by the research from at least 2 sources that indicate a scalping rate of 5%.
Even if the scalping rate was 15%, which it isn't (but to quote - feel free to believe what you like), it still means nearly 7m units have made it to retail at RRP.

You're just unlucky, that is all there is to it.
You're competing with people who want the console - guess what, some people aren't going to get one and some people are repeatedly not going to get one.

Caporegime
I stick by the research from at least 2 sources that indicate a scalping rate of 5%.
Even if the scalping rate was 15%, which it isn't (but to quote - feel free to believe what you like), it still means nearly 7m units have made it to retail at RRP.

You're just unlucky, that is all there is to it.
You're competing with people who want the console - guess what, some people aren't going to get one and some people are repeatedly not going to get one.
Why are you so keen to defend resellers? Doing a bit of reselling yourself, are we?

Back
Top Bottom