It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
Going to be nice and cool tomorrow, have a barbie, and Sunday is going to be insanity, absolute insanity, 24 degrees forecast,make that 28, it's always hotter.

Chacun à son goût I guess, if I was the weather guru, I’d have your forecast from the start of the first week after New Year’s, until a week before Christmas every year.
For all you cold weather freaks, Finland is to the North-East of here.
The enemy likes it cool, so as I think the world of her, I’ve opened the sliding door to the kitchen balcony, and the same for the living room on the first floor, likewise in the two second floor bedrooms, but I’m still wearing blue jeans and a long sleeved shirt over a tee shirt, the shirt is unbuttoned though.

Soldato
On holiday it was great lying on bed in caravan with breeze coming in over me. Very sunny day.

Come back home and its back to been in an oven with stale air that doesnt move.

Soldato
It's going to be a hot one (like 7 inches from the midday sun) today so out early, Tintagel way,, mooch as did a good walk yesterday and read some Asimov on kimdle

Screenshot-20210613-081342-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Man of Honour
A bit of a tip: we’ve had ‘privacy film’ installed on our windows so that you can’t see in during the day. It makes it a shade darker and ‘cooler’ looking.

As a side effect, it really makes an enormous difference in keeping the heat out. So if you have any room that gets way too hot, it could be a good option.

Soldato
A bit of a tip: we’ve had ‘privacy film’ installed on our windows so that you can’t see in during the day. It makes it a shade darker and ‘cooler’ looking.

As a side effect, it really makes an enormous difference in keeping the heat out. So if you have any room that gets way too hot, it could be a good option.

I had this installed on all the back windows of my house last August. The kitchen would normally get up to 29c by now (well insulated newish house) as there is a lot of glass, but it's 'only' hitting 24-25c now. It's annoying in the winter as it makes the rooms a lot darker than normal but I would rather that than all the solar energy in the house!

Associate
I was wondering that as his Location says London, and as I'm just a little further south can say quite categorically that we get temperatures way in excess of 20c for at least 4 months in pretty much any given year.

My guess is he thinks this is a global forum as he mentions england specifically.

Going on the push bike at 12pm onwards, gonna be sweaty. I work outdoors anyway, but my friends are office folk, think they're gonna suffer :D

Associate
So what happened to the hot weather and wall to wall sunshine predicted on the weather report I saw sometime Friday? Thick cloud cover and barely above 20c at the moment.

I'm guessing the continuously incorrect weather reports whenever nice weather is predicted strikes again? :mad:

Soldato
Wunderground stations between Southampton and Bordon already reading 21-28 (mostly towards latter away from coast) Celcius this morning... It's too hot.:mad:

Tomorrow is supposed to be the peak of this wave. :(

Soldato
On holiday it was great lying on bed in caravan with breeze coming in over me. Very sunny day.

Come back home and its back to been in an oven with stale air that doesnt move.

Pitch a tent in the garden. Its your only hope!

Wunderground stations between Southampton and Bordon already reading 21-28 (mostly towards latter away from coast) Celcius this morning... It's too hot.:mad:

Tomorrow is supposed to be the peak of this wave. :(

They keep pushing it forward first it was the weekeend then it was monday, latest today its lasting till wednesday

Back
Top Bottom