The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
Finished this again yesterday - played it through for the 60fps. If there was any dips, I didn’t see it. Spot on. Plays much much better at 60! Forgot how gruesome some of the kills can be (especially with explosives :eek:)

V F

V F

Soldato
Finished this again yesterday - played it through for the 60fps. If there was any dips, I didn’t see it. Spot on. Plays much much better at 60! Forgot how gruesome some of the kills can be (especially with explosives :eek:)

Ah but the explosives were glorious. :D

Though a bit very icky when some of the clickers explode in half, then they start crawling for you.

I really love the colour palette to this game though. It's quite stunning. More so coming from the dense foliage parts.

Soldato
Ah but the explosives were glorious. :D

Though a bit very icky when some of the clickers explode in half, then they start crawling for you.

I really love the colour palette to this game though. It's quite stunning.
Aye. The sound of the body just exploding into a pile of goo was very disturbing. :p the clickers crawling after being blown in half was grim - followed by a head stomp

Soldato
Just mentioning the Slim really as I don't see it either way. Although I think it does add HDR.

Pretty sure all PS4 models support HDR.
I know not everyone's able to just splash on new hardware, but surely it's just worth saving the money away and holding off and make do with your current PS4 until you can afford / get hold of a PS5?

V F

V F

Soldato
I know not everyone's able to just splash on new hardware, but surely it's just worth saving the money away and holding off and make do with your current PS4 until you can afford / get hold of a PS5?

They do. The 1200 model I have from 2016 has HDR capabilities.

Associate
I think it's just the availability of the PS5 really. I think I would like a new tv also. I'm conflicted though because people keep saying 4K has latency issues. I've seen a nice one but it's everything but 4K.

Soldato
I think it's just the availability of the PS5 really. I think I would like a new tv also. I'm conflicted though because people keep saying 4K has latency issues. I've seen a nice one but it's everything but 4K.

Latency? The new gen consoles on a good TV are slick as hell running GSync and 120hz, and low-latency modes.

Although come to mention it, I'm not sure the PS5 activates the same low latency mode as my Series X? Haven't really paid attention though. Inputs feels super responsive to me.

TLOU2 might 'feel' like it's not responsive, but that's to do with their priority on animation fidelity over twitchy input response.

Soldato
Finished my Replay of this last night on PS5. Definitely an all time favourite for me

2nd playthrough was better for appreciating the 2nd half more

Agree totally. NG+ was a lot more enjoyable with the kept weapon upgrades and I could focus on the story much better than the first time. I even played through a third time to platinum it!

Associate
Latency? The new gen consoles on a good TV are slick as hell running GSync and 120hz, and low-latency modes.

Although come to mention it, I'm not sure the PS5 activates the same low latency mode as my Series X? Haven't really paid attention though. Inputs feels super responsive to me.

TLOU2 might 'feel' like it's not responsive, but that's to do with their priority on animation fidelity over twitchy input response.
PS5 and a TV.

Not Xbox and a PC monitor lol.

Soldato
Been sitting on this a while since a friend give me his copy. Decided to start it after the PS5 upgrade went live.
Was trying not to judge it on all the hate and love it's been getting but make my own mind up.

I've just reached the part where Abbey becomes playable.

In short. It's a mixed bag so far.

The good.

Acting. Said it multiple times Naughty Dog hire and pay for the best and they get it. So far they have been carrying the story.

Sound/soundtrack
Do I need to say anything here? Santaolalla take a bow.

GFX/Performance/Art
Stunning and animation is class leading. Playing this on on Oled is breath taking. Grim, dark and can l can almost feel the grit under my fingernails. Very immersive.

The bad.

Gameplay. It's middle of the road and hasn't really moved on from the first. Sometimes you just want to go loud and the gunplay is loose and unrewarding. My gameplay loop atm just seems to be crawling about the grass and stabing people in the neck.
When I think back to the first game I believe I was using everything in my arsenal and frantically crafting bombs and med kits just to survive.

Hate.

The Story.
It really blows. Seems like just a generic revenge story with beloved characters just sacrificed to get the plot moving and introduce the new characters. Their deaths are meaningless and very little impact and could have been handled 100% better.

Some times it's like watching a poorly written teendrama.

V F

V F

Soldato
Been sitting on this a while since a friend give me his copy. Decided to start it after the PS5 upgrade went live.
Was trying not to judge it on all the hate and love it's been getting but make my own mind up.

I've just reached the part where Abbey becomes playable.

In short. It's a mixed bag so far.

The good.

Acting. Said it multiple times Naughty Dog hire and pay for the best and they get it. So far they have been carrying the story.

Sound/soundtrack
Do I need to say anything here? Santaolalla take a bow.

GFX/Performance/Art
Stunning and animation is class leading. Playing this on on Oled is breath taking. Grim, dark and can l can almost feel the grit under my fingernails. Very immersive.

The bad.

Gameplay. It's middle of the road and hasn't really moved on from the first. Sometimes you just want to go loud and the gunplay is loose and unrewarding. My gameplay loop atm just seems to be crawling about the grass and stabing people in the neck.
When I think back to the first game I believe I was using everything in my arsenal and frantically crafting bombs and med kits just to survive.

Hate.

The Story.
It really blows. Seems like just a generic revenge story with beloved characters just sacrificed to get the plot moving and introduce the new characters. Their deaths are meaningless and very little impact and could have been handled 100% better.

Some times it's like watching a poorly written teendrama.

A lot of parts do feel numb like you're killing for the sake of killing.

Back
Top Bottom