what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
Just got some Beyer DT990, was using Akg 712pro which are fine, build quality isn't as good as the 990s though imo.

Sound is very similar so far, 990s have a bit more bass.

Soldato
Let us know how you find them after a few weeks, I really need some new closed backs for late night listening as cleared out all my headphone collection last year as had too many. Only got my HD660s left (I love these).
I've had them a couple of weeks now (Beyerdynamic DT 1770 pro) and they sound fantastic. I think i've become more used to the bass as when I tried my AKG702s they sounded very weak in comparison

They do get a bit warmer than my 702s but are more comfy, even with the additional (almost twice as much) weight. Once the fit is right on my ears which normal takes a few seconds, there is no problem and can listen away for a few hours in the current warm weather without my ears frying. This is a big thing for me as have used closed headphones before and always ended up with boiling ears and taking them off.

Sound stage is great for closed headphones, no issues picking out where enemies are in Warzone / Modern Warfare

I no longer have to hear hoovers, euro vision, hair dryers or drunk people outside. Instead its been replaced by glorious sub bass, bliss! :D

Associate
Sennheiser GSP 600 - Really liked them as a headset good quality mic and good sound quality but too heavy on the head for my liking.
Corsair Virtuoso wireless RGB SE - Not great out of the box but not bad with EQ tuning not bad for my wireless option.
Sennheiser HD 600 - I love these things. Some EQ tuning to balance them and the sound is amazing by far my favourite headphones to date.

Soldato
uc

Associate
Currently using ATH-M50x's with a FiiO E10K dac. Actually looking for some recommendations on what to replace them with. I know most people hate on the M50x's but I honestly haven't heard another headset sound as good as mine lol They're peeling like cray on the headband and ear cups, but apparently replacing them causes them to sound **** so will probably end up buying a new pair

Soldato
Decided it was time for some new shiny stuff to replace my Schiit Modi Multibit and Asgard 3 and the new kids on the block are the SMSL SU-9 DAC and the matching SH-9 headphone amp. Result is more detail and stronger, snappier bass plus a shed load of features. I really like the digital stepped attenuator on the amp, not the slightest hint of channel imbalance anywhere and having the volume displayed on the screen is like a new toy. The DAC is uses an ES9038PRO chip but has none of the traditional Sabre glare, it's nice and smooth but with plenty of detail.

Bonus is there is incredible synergy with my Beyer DT1990 pro's, they sound phenomenal. :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just ordered the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1+ on Prime day, £90 so couldn't resist really at this price. I have the JayBird X3 which I've had for some years and always went back to them after trying other wireless buds because the X3s have a nice neutral sound made even better with the custom EQ settings in the app but now want TWS buds as have been reviewing the new Huawei FreeBUds 4 which are very very good but have a bass heavy signature with no EQ controls so off my personal radar.

The HD650s still get used but I am finding myself opting for high quality wireless where convenience is preferred these days as my amp does bluetooth transmit from my USB connected PC so the benefits of aptX to the Melomanias will certainly come in handy and the long battery life.

Will report back tomorrow/Wednesday on initial impressions!

Associate
Just ordered the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1+ on Prime day, £90 so couldn't resist really at this price. I have the JayBird X3 which I've had for some years and always went back to them after trying other wireless buds because the X3s have a nice neutral sound made even better with the custom EQ settings in the app but now want TWS buds as have been reviewing the new Huawei FreeBUds 4 which are very very good but have a bass heavy signature with no EQ controls so off my personal radar.

The HD650s still get used but I am finding myself opting for high quality wireless where convenience is preferred these days as my amp does bluetooth transmit from my USB connected PC so the benefits of aptX to the Melomanias will certainly come in handy and the long battery life.

Will report back tomorrow/Wednesday on initial impressions!
You're in for a treat! At that price, I was amazed how good they sound. Obv not the equal of wired over ears, but like you say, so much more convenient

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Good to hear! I am hoping that the EQ settings save to the buds themselves rather than only through the app, I assume the EQ stores to buds as that's the standard for the ones I've had before and on the X3 too which means the sound tuning applies to other sources connected to them too.

Back
Top Bottom